The Master Chief Collection

#61Rainy_David1Posted 5/16/2014 6:51:36 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
goldw posted...
TLOU is for the Xbox owners that moved to PS4. It's also a pretty cheap way to test Naughty Dogs optimization for the current gen.

Honestly, anyone who argues against up res remasters is a hater. There is literally no justification to be against it.

How about the fact the game isn't a year old yet and it's coming out with a remaster?

Tomb Raider did the same thing and that was well received by people who actually played it. That also doesn't matter because the point was that it's for people who didn't want to buy a PS3 at end of a generation. It makes no difference how old the game is if the re-release is for people that will never buy the original console.
#62aheroafakePosted 5/16/2014 6:53:48 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
BeautifulBlack posted...
BU BU BU HD PORTS!

can't wait for the hypocrisy from xbots

This has the entire Halo series. The second Halo hasn't even been remade yet.

Compared to TLOU, which is just a last gen port. God of War and its collections, Metal Gear Solid and the Jak and Daxter trilogy are far better deals than just TLOU.

This bundle doesn't have the entire Halo series.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#63VoidBeyondPosted 5/16/2014 6:55:04 PM
aheroafake posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
BeautifulBlack posted...
BU BU BU HD PORTS!

Compared to TLOU, which is just a last gen port. God of War and its collections, Metal Gear Solid and the Jak and Daxter trilogy are far better deals than just TLOU.

Technically, no. But it has all the mainline stuff. ODST, Reach, and Wars are side.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
FC: 2981-6641-9175// NNID: RaptorCats//
#64aheroafakePosted 5/16/2014 6:56:08 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
aheroafake posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
BeautifulBlack posted...
BU BU BU HD PORTS!

Technically, no. But it has all the mainline stuff. ODST, Reach, and Wars are side.

I know that. I was just pointing out his mistake.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#65ExempliGratiaPosted 5/16/2014 7:02:11 PM
Rainy_David1 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
goldw posted...
TLOU is for the Xbox owners that moved to PS4. It's also a pretty cheap way to test Naughty Dogs optimization for the current gen.

Honestly, anyone who argues against up res remasters is a hater. There is literally no justification to be against it.

How about the fact the game isn't a year old yet and it's coming out with a remaster?

Tomb Raider did the same thing and that was well received by people who actually played it. That also doesn't matter because the point was that it's for people who didn't want to buy a PS3 at end of a generation. It makes no difference how old the game is if the re-release is for people that will never buy the original console.

No.. That game barely sold.. No one wants a remaster so quickly.

You really think the people that wanted to play the Last of Us didn't already play it for the PS3? Sorry but no offense I don't want a "remaster" of a game that came out last year.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#66Rainy_David1Posted 5/16/2014 7:05:42 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
Rainy_David1 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
goldw posted...

No.. That game barely sold.. No one wants a remaster so quickly.

You really think the people that wanted to play the Last of Us didn't already play it for the PS3? Sorry but no offense I don't want a "remaster" of a game that came out last year.

The game sold fine. The problem with Tomb Raider was Square's unrealistic sales expectations.

Yes, there are many people that didn't play it on PS3 that want to play. Otherwise they wouldn't be making it.
#67pblimp360Posted 5/16/2014 7:08:20 PM
I was planning to buy the Tomb Raider Definitive version for the X1. I've never played it before. Is it really good?
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#68Rainy_David1Posted 5/16/2014 7:14:16 PM
pblimp360 posted...
I was planning to buy the Tomb Raider Definitive version for the X1. I've never played it before. Is it really good?

Haven't played it myself but the general feeling seems to be that it's a great game overall, but it has more emphasis on combat than other Tomb Raider games.
#69SolisPosted 5/16/2014 7:18:49 PM
I wonder how the games in the collection will be handled. Will the Halo 1 version be based on Anniversary, and if so, will Halo 2 also receive a visual overhaul as Anniversary did? It would seem a little odd to go from the visual quality of Halo Anniversary down to Halo 2 and then back up to Halo 3. Plus it would be nice if they could update Halo 2 to have network coop, since it's now the only Halo game without that feature.

VoidBeyond posted...
aheroafake posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
BeautifulBlack posted...
BU BU BU HD PORTS!

Reach was a fairly notable part of the main storyline. The only thing that really separates it from the numbered Halo games was that it featured a different protagonist. It was as much a mainline Halo game as Resident Evil was a main series Resident Evil game.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#70SparkItUpPosted 5/16/2014 7:23:03 PM
BeautifulBlack posted...
BU BU BU HD PORTS!

^ kinda this....but personally I don't see an issue with HD/Remastered ports...never did...but I can already foresee the hypocrisy from many