What is your most hyped game that fell short?

#61photographboyPosted 5/17/2014 12:26:42 AM
Mass Effect 3 (so dumbed down compared to the first two)
#62aheroafakePosted 5/17/2014 1:42:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#63kungfuj0Posted 5/17/2014 1:40:07 AM
The lack of a mention of Def Jam: Icon in this topic makes me sad. That game was HORRIBLE...so horrible in fact that it got its studio shut down! I would STILL like to kick Kudo Tsunoda in the balls over what he did to that once promising franchise...

Honorable mentions:

Gran Turismo 5. Simply put, I'd have a PS3 right now if they had done that game right.

Saint's Row 3 and 4. I loved both games, but despite that, I would have been happier with SR 2.5.

Dragon Age 2. This game 1. needed a different name (DA:Champion of Kirkwall), and 2. needed MUCH more time in the cooker. Hopefully Bioware is righting all the wrongs done to DA2 with DAI.

NBA Live. This used to be my favorite basketball game back in 2004. Now, it is literally no longer in existence... You can't get much more disappointing than that.
---
One of these days, I'm going to figure out what to put here...
#64FocianPosted 5/17/2014 1:43:19 AM
Both Brink and Homefront stand out.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#65richboy900Posted 5/17/2014 1:54:33 AM
Mixorz posted...
Aliens Colonial Marines.

Oh man, I almost forgot about that. I played it at a friends and even though it wasn't my own game, I wasn't impressed haha
#66aheroafakePosted 5/17/2014 2:44:57 AM
I didn't delete my initial post, why the **** does the site say I did? Anyways, on my list is Halo 2, Halo 3, Resident Evil 6, Gears of War, Coded Arms, MGS IV, GTA IV, Alien vs Predator (Xbox 360), Battlefield 3, and CoD: MW 3. That's all I can think of right now.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#67DarthFloatyPosted 5/17/2014 3:01:56 AM
Aliens Colonial Marines. Played 20 hours on PC to try and enjoy it or see if it got better... and no, it sucks awfully. I mean, one of the worst games I've ever played.

The Mass Effect Series just didn't do it for me at all. It was like, a total miss for my tastes/interests.

The Uncharted Series was made out to be awesome, and I just didn't like it.

Tomb Raider 2013 was good, but _way_ more action based than I wanted. I was thinking more like "Survivorman: The Game with Laura Croft and action". Not what I wanted.

Liked and enjoyed Pikmin 3, but I enjoyed the first two more for a variety of reasons.

Liked and enjoyed Battlefield 4, but as my first Battlefield game, I really expected a decent amount more.

Off the top of my head, that's what I've got.
#68hoggys2much99Posted 5/17/2014 5:05:41 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
Tomb Raider 2013 was good, but _way_ more action based than I wanted. I was thinking more like "Survivorman: The Game with Laura Croft and action". Not what I wanted.

Tell me who the heck is "Laura Croft"? I have never heard of anyone in gaming with that name.

Anyways back on topic I can think of 3 games.

Assassin's Creed 1. Most over rated over hyped garbage in history.

Sonic Unleashed. Terrible game.

Sonic Generations. So bad I traded it in unfinished.
#69aheroafakePosted 5/17/2014 6:03:05 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
Aliens Colonial Marines. Played 20 hours on PC to try and enjoy it or see if it got better... and no, it sucks awfully. I mean, one of the worst games I've ever played.

The Mass Effect Series just didn't do it for me at all. It was like, a total miss for my tastes/interests.

The Uncharted Series was made out to be awesome, and I just didn't like it.

Liked and enjoyed Pikmin 3, but I enjoyed the first two more for a variety of reasons.

Liked and enjoyed Battlefield 4, but as my first Battlefield game, I really expected a decent amount more.

Off the top of my head, that's what I've got.

Honestly, I liked the Battlefield: Bad Company games more than the main entry sequels. First Bad Company was much more fun, less serious, more of a comedy driven campaign, and you could actually destroy every building you see, for the most part, that is. You should give it a try, it might surprise you. Bad Company 2 isn't as light-hearted as the first Bad Company though. BF: BC 2 took itself a little more seriously. Still both are great games.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#70VamarPosted 5/17/2014 6:05:24 AM
Assassin's Creed III.

I loved the American revolution setting, but everything else bored me to tears.