What is your most hyped game that fell short?

#71kyncaniPosted 5/17/2014 6:21:37 AM
unclekoolaid73 posted...
Titanfall was/is the biggest let down.
#72Wileyx15Posted 5/18/2014 1:10:08 AM
Titanfall for sure. I was very disappointed by it's lack of content.
---
War. War never changes.
#73InjusticeRebornPosted 5/18/2014 1:29:15 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Gran turismo 5 and 6. The standard cars, they made iconic cars standard, I was incredibly let down by 5 after waiting so long for it. Kind of why I seem to like forza more now. A car game that messes up the actual cars is a joke. I will still buy the next GT game but I have no high hopes for it.

This.

Also, Halo, Kingdom Hearts 2, Gears of War to name some others.
---
"I love my PS4 but Sony could kick the fan-boys in the throat and they would call it a neck-massage." - a PS4 gamer
#74Bobsy84Posted 5/18/2014 1:59:16 AM
Titanfall but maybe it never stood a chance with all the hype it got. Its a good game but nothing special and lacks content, I feel it was a little rushed but the sequel is going to be amazing i think.
#75sdchiPosted 5/18/2014 2:03:31 AM(edited)
Halo Reach. Bungie's final Halo game. Expected it to be great, as Halo 1-3 were. Instead it was a half assed cashgrab. Very disappointing.

I got Halo 4 with low expectations, but it turned out even worse than I anticipated
#76aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 2:23:11 AM
I'd also say Bioshock Infinite. I had no problem with the story, but the game was a massive far cry from the game that we were shown over the years. I didn't play the first Bioshock until I bought Infinite(came with the PS3 version). I was truly amazed how dumbed down the gameplay was for Infinite. 2 weapon rule? Overall linearity? Lack of any real variety in enemies.

System Shock 2 fans really have no right to complain about BS1 being dumbed down for as long as Infinite exists.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Assassin's Creed II, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#77matt-nicklinPosted 5/18/2014 2:38:23 AM
halo 4
---
3DS FC: 4253-3827-3643 (Pansear, Larvesta, Braixen)
IGN - Matthew. PM if adding me
#78Jedi454Posted 5/18/2014 2:42:40 AM
Skyrim, hear me out. This game was fantastic and well deserving of it, BUT... The game just wasn't anywhere near as immersive as Morrowind or Oblivion.

Morrowind brought cutting edge First-person 3D graphics with changing weather and environments in a Role Playing game, which was amazing for the time. The dialogue wasn't voice acted, but there were many complex topics that required you to read them a few times to understand them, as well as interpret what to do next.

The customisation they provided you with was incredible. You could build hundreds of different character builds, based on race, major/ minor skills and so on, which resulted in the game have an insane amount of replayability.

The quests were sometimes shallow, but a lot of quests were incredibly interesting in terms of how you approached them and finished them. In the many different factions, they'd have you do many different things that are associated with them. Doing a particular quest for a particular faction could sometimes result in bad terms with another faction.

Oblivion brough an incredibly interesting core story to the table, as well as voice acting and incredibly interesting dialogue.

The combat was improved in this game, but still boring as we are all well aware.

The factions take interesting turns, resulting in completely interesting story-lines and rewards for doing quests.

It also had the most fantastic expansion/ DLC ever made, Shivering Isles. This added several hours of content to your main game and if you had the disc, you could just give it to a friend so he/ she could install the game on their system to play as well.

There were flaws in both Morrowind and Oblivion, but Skyrim unfortunately added more and touched up less. Skyrims storyline is absolutely boring (like Morrowind's), the atmosphere was beautiful to look at, but boring in the long run in terms of variety (Snow, snow and snow lol). The AI dialogue for almost every character was acted, but incredibly boring and I mostly stuck to spamming the A button to get through it. The combat was the main improvement, but with the lack of customisation in comparison to Morrowind and Oblivion, with watered down basic RPG elements, it made me feel like an idiot to play sometimes. I preferred when the camera zoomed into characters heads when you talked, because it felt more immersive when speaking to a particular character.

The graphics weren't an incredible jump compared to Morrowind to Oblivion either and the optimisation was appalling sometimes, especially in the DLC (freezes and frame rate drops galore).

It was hyped to me as going to be fresh new entry into the series, an improvement, but it fell short by a long shot. It felt like they were trying to just get sales over creating a hardcore RPG for fans to play.
---
"PC master race" is a term that Betas use to try and make themselves feel superior to other Gamers online because they're insecure in the real world.
#79TheGam3925Posted 5/18/2014 2:58:54 AM
Aliens Colonial Marines. I'm a huge Aliens fan and was extremely disappointed with the game.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#80Dragon91978Posted 5/18/2014 4:50:47 AM
Titanfail.
---
EDC: Glock 19, LCRx, Surefire rail light, Hk Taki (knife). Alt: CZ P-07 9mm, Kershaw Cryo.