What's wrong with my system's connection?

#1megadeth1117Posted 5/16/2014 4:15:27 PM
For the past few days I can't seem to get a steady match going with either Titanfall or PvZ. It's very frustrating considering how my PS4 has no network issues. There's also no one else on the internet while I'm playing.

I ran through the detailed network statistics, my results were:

Download speed: 5.71 Mbps
Upload speed: 2.03 Mbps
Download packet loss: 0%
Upload packet loss: 0%
MTU: 1480
latency: 107 ms
Wireless strength: 100%

I'd very much appreciate if someone could tell me this lag problem is only happening with my Xbone.
#2CapwnDPosted 5/16/2014 4:19:31 PM
--Do you forward any ports?
--Do you also have a 360 or another Xbox One?
--Are you at home with a standard home connection? (Not in a dorm or something?)

If you said "no, no, yes" then my guess would be that you have a double NAT, meaning that your modem is actually a gateway and your'e also using a router.

Post the model number of your modem and router if you want more help.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#3megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 4:29:58 PM
-- Not too sure what port forwarding is
-- I do have a 360 but it's not plugged in
-- Yeah, I'm at home

I have a Netgear N600 router (guessing the model number is WNDR3700) and an Arris modem, don't know the exact model. I also have a Netgear AC750 WiFi range extender plugged in my room since the router and modem are plugged into my parents room, which is only two feet away from my room.
#4TorturalPosted 5/16/2014 4:41:28 PM
Hey CapwnD, I'm also having problems with my connection, and my setup is similar to TC with one or two differences, if you can help me out, would gladly appreciate it. Do I hit you up with a PM??
---
GT: Katarsis
#5megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 4:49:10 PM
Now my NAT type just switched from open to strict for absolutely no reason.

This is absolutely infuriating.
#6megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 5:30:24 PM
Bump
#7CapwnDPosted 5/16/2014 5:38:23 PM(edited)
Tortural posted...
Hey CapwnD, I'm also having problems with my connection, and my setup is similar to TC with one or two differences, if you can help me out, would gladly appreciate it. Do I hit you up with a PM??

Sure, or just post here. Sometimes others have the same problem so if it's posted in a public forum it may help others.

megadeth1117 posted...
-- Not too sure what port forwarding is
-- I do have a 360 but it's not plugged in
-- Yeah, I'm at home

I have a Netgear N600 router (guessing the model number is WNDR3700) and an Arris modem, don't know the exact model. I also have a Netgear AC750 WiFi range extender plugged in my room since the router and modem are plugged into my parents room, which is only two feet away from my room.

Good to hear that it seems to be working again, but it might be an issue with the second Xbox. Both the 360 and the Xbox One use the same ports for XBL (3074) so your router may have an issue with both trying to use the same one, even though the 360 isn't plugged in anymore. It may have finally cleared from the UPNP table that keeps track of what device needs what ports, so that may be why it now works.

Any wireless gaming may give you issues with twitch games like COD, Titanfall, fighting games, and other games may seem fine. I know it's not feasable for some people to run a wire, but if it's so close you may be able to sneak a wire under the doors, where it won't even be noticable. You can go up to 300 feet with ethernet cable, so you could get a real long cord (usually 25 to 50 feet is enough, or 100 feet) and really hide the wire.

EDIT: I thought you posted that it was switched to open. Sorry I read that wrong.

Did you try just rebooting everything? Turn off the modem and router (pull the power cord out of both) and then plug in the modem first, let it connect (about 30 seconds), then the router, let it connect about 30 seconds), then start turning on the other stuff.

Also, try to find out what that modem model number is.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
#8megadeth1117(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 6:44:36 PM
Hmm, maybe it is the problem with the 360 and the Xbone sharing a port, since I've tried everything else, but to no avail. Restarted pretty much everything in my house related to providing internet, and I'm still getting an inconsistent connection.

I'd very much like to go with a direct connection, but my parents room is actually across from mine, which means there'd be a wire running across the hall right next to the stairs, and everyone in my household has very poor coordination. It would definitely be a bit of a safety hazard.

I'll have to look more into that 360\Xbone port sharing problem though.

Thanks a bunch for the help!
#9Road_Kill_666Posted 5/16/2014 6:47:45 PM
megadeth1117 posted...
For the past few days I can't seem to get a steady match going with either Titanfall or PvZ. It's very frustrating considering how my PS4 has no network issues. There's also no one else on the internet while I'm playing.

I ran through the detailed network statistics, my results were:

Download speed: 5.71 Mbps
Upload speed: 2.03 Mbps
Download packet loss: 0%
Upload packet loss: 0%
MTU: 1480
latency: 107 ms
Wireless strength: 100%

I'd very much appreciate if someone could tell me this lag problem is only happening with my Xbone.

Just curios how much do you pay for that? I have download 50mbps and upload 5mbps. I pay like $75 a month.
#10gohoanqPosted 5/16/2014 7:08:24 PM
megadeth1117 posted...
Now my NAT type just switched from open to strict for absolutely no reason.

This is absolutely infuriating.

That's what mine did.. I did that damn port forwarding to give it an open NAT again. It worked for literally 1 day and then went back to strict. No idea what to do anymore lol If you find a solution please share it lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.