dragon dogma 2 (heavily rumored) to be X1 exclusive and will be at MS e3 event

#61DrLight66Posted 5/16/2014 8:08:08 PM
SparkItUp posted...
never played the first dragon dogma so I don't care if it's exclusive or not.

Capcom's expanded super ultra mega championship edition version of the game, "Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen", is one of the best games of the PS3/360 era.
#62AnakeriePosted 5/16/2014 8:14:07 PM
I just hope they retain the wonderful derpiness of the pawns. I don't care if they add optional co-op, but we've had pawns randomly throw other pawns off of cliffs, throw their fellow pawn at monsters, insult their Arisens, and run off in the middle of battle to pick flowers. And especially on the 360 board we have built an awesome community around the game. There are flashier games out there, but I've had more fun and made more friends with DD than all of them.
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#63sirfailalotPosted 5/16/2014 8:16:17 PM
And inb4 'Pony'. Had an original Xbox, got 360 FIRST during last gen. Loved that thing. Actually intend to get a bone some time in the middle of this gen if Microshart doesn't show any signs of trying to go back to their anti consumer bullcrap. Though this cloud thing wreaks of exactly that. If it becomes required for games anyone without an ABSURDLY expensive internet is going to be screwed. (100+ for 55-58mbps here...)
#64Dev445Posted 5/16/2014 8:21:57 PM
I didn't get to far into this, the one thing I hate about Dark Souls and Dragon Dogma is that there is no map and no destination to anywhere. You just run into strong ass monsters die a lot and backtrack. Still fun game though. I stopped at this giant monster that was underground kept killing the **** out of me.

The only reason I beat Dark Souls is cause I had the strategy guide and I used the Dragon Head Glitch. Still though I would buy Dragon's Dogma 2
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#65CRK44Posted 5/16/2014 8:50:24 PM
Dev445 posted...
I didn't get to far into this, the one thing I hate about Dark Souls and Dragon Dogma is that there is no map and no destination to anywhere. You just run into strong ass monsters die a lot and backtrack. Still fun game though. I stopped at this giant monster that was underground kept killing the **** out of me.

Way to discredit yourself as a poster and gamer. Dragon's Dogma definitely has a map, man. In fact it has an overworld map in the pause screen and a mini map. You even have the ability to choose whether the map rotates based on your current position or stays positioned in the cardinal directions. It also has waypoints corresponding to Quests and custom waypoints at your disposal.

That monster underground was probably an Ogre. And if that is the first time you've seen one (in the Everfall, I presume) you aren't doing enough exploration/questing/leveling up. I'm sorry you don't have the determination to play through such great RPGs.
#66Dev445Posted 5/16/2014 9:07:52 PM
CRK44 posted...
Dev445 posted...

Way to discredit yourself as a poster and gamer. Dragon's Dogma definitely has a map, man. In fact it has an overworld map in the pause screen and a mini map. You even have the ability to choose whether the map rotates based on your current position or stays positioned in the cardinal directions. It also has waypoints corresponding to Quests and custom waypoints at your disposal.

That monster underground was probably an Ogre. And if that is the first time you've seen one (in the Everfall, I presume) you aren't doing enough exploration/questing/leveling up. I'm sorry you don't have the determination to play through such great RPGs.

Oh its been a minute since I played it, could of sworn there was no map, must of been just Dark Souls. Yeah I should of stuck to it more love me some RPG's. I remember at the time though I was trying to play too many rpg's at once. I had ME3, Lost Odyssey, Dark Souls, Dragon Age 1&2, Kingdoms of Amular, Fire Emblem Awakening, KH DDD, Project X Zone.

I was trying to play way to many at once, I beat them all except Kingdom of Amular and Dragon's Dogma. KOA got boring and Dragon's dogma was good just never got around to finish it.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#67squidney2k1Posted 5/16/2014 9:22:45 PM
Here in the US, Dragon's Dogma sold more on the 360, but not sure about the other markets. I know that Capcom expected it to sell twice as much as it did in Japan.

I think Capcom has started to become more realistic about their game and realizing that not all of them are going to sell 10 million anymore. Dragon's Dogma was a very good game and certainly benefited from capturing some of the Dark Souls crowd, and the good news is that the game could only get better.

As far as being a platform exclusive? Highly possible since it's not a big franchise,and either MS or Sony could seek exclusivity since it's probably a smaller budget game. If MS was seeking exclusivity for a sequel, it'd be a smart move since it's a good low-budget franchise with a lot of potential, so relatively low-risk for them.
---
Best games of last gen: Mass Effect series & Bioshock series \m/ (O_o) \m/
Yes, I bought a Wii U, and I still don't know why.
#68hardknock55Posted 5/16/2014 9:24:06 PM
If this is true about Dragons Dogma 2 this will suck, not going to lie I'm tired of 3rd party games going exclusive. I get it that it's a business but I'm not going to pay another $400 for a console I don't want when this is one of my top games I've been waiting for that just sucks. I think this will be my last gen with gaming.
---
PSN/NNID: hardknock55
#69blitz_0623Posted 5/16/2014 9:28:10 PM
Well DR3 was exclusive, RE7 is still rumored to be exclusive. Wouldn't be surprising if this was exclusive again. The real question is, if this is true, why is MS so determined in going after and paying Capcom?
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#70goldwPosted 5/16/2014 9:31:01 PM
DrLight66 posted...
360 version averages about 6-7 fps better than PS3 version, with PS3 version constantly dropping down around 21fps and even going as low as 18fps at times. The proof is in the pudding, don't listen to hack "gaming journalists". Remember when "professional gaming sites" gave Skyrim on the PS3 high marks, even though the game was a technical mess and became literally unplayable after about a dozen hours? LensofTruth, DigitalFoundry, sites like that who are real pros in comparing different versions of the same game are who you should listen to.

Only reason why I even got DD was beacuse it was on PS+. I'll rather not drop a dime for a technical mess. I'll dish out some cash for a PC version, though.

Screen tearing, at sub-HD resolution is sickening.
---
N-n-n-no, his comments and remarks are absolutely asinine, asiten, asieleven, ALL THE WAY UP TO ASITHIRTY! - Stephen-A-Smith on Donald Sterling