So now my XBox One won't read any type of disc whatsoever...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So now my XBox One won't read any type of disc whatsoever...
1 year ago#1
I've been on customer support and it seems the drive has failed after only having it since January. Been trying to get a service repair on the phone for about an hour and it seems like the whole process is going to take at least 2 weeks. I got the RROD on my XBox 360 3 times during my time with it. With my PS3 I only had one problem for it's entire life and that happened just over a year ago from a LAUNCH console. Microsoft needs to step their game up with there production values. If I have this problem after only 5 months then I may leave if this happens again anytime soon.
---
PSN: duoreign Xbox: masterduo
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
1 year ago#2
Seems like bad luck as hardware failures have been very minimal with Xbox One and PS4 that I know of.
1 year ago#3
Well you came to the right place.

Thanx for sharing.
1 year ago#4
warz0r09 posted...
Seems like bad luck as hardware failures have been very minimal with Xbox One and PS4 that I know of.

I haven't heard of too many hardware problems from X1 or ps4, so you're situation is prolly just an isolated incident.
---
FML
1 year ago#5
Unplug it. Then try it again. Worked for me.
1 year ago#6
Did all the stuff and went through several resets and cache clearing solutions and they concluded that the drive is defective and I have to send it in :-(
---
PSN: duoreign Xbox: masterduo
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
1 year ago#7
These things happen. Remember: Microsoft didn't make the blu-ray drive, they only made the OS that utilizes it. So be mad at the drive manufacturer if you want to be mad at anyone.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So now my XBox One won't read any type of disc whatsoever...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived