So now my XBox One won't read any type of disc whatsoever...

#1MasterDuoPosted 5/16/2014 5:44:01 PM
I've been on customer support and it seems the drive has failed after only having it since January. Been trying to get a service repair on the phone for about an hour and it seems like the whole process is going to take at least 2 weeks. I got the RROD on my XBox 360 3 times during my time with it. With my PS3 I only had one problem for it's entire life and that happened just over a year ago from a LAUNCH console. Microsoft needs to step their game up with there production values. If I have this problem after only 5 months then I may leave if this happens again anytime soon.
---
PSN: duoreign Xbox: masterduo
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
#2warz0r09Posted 5/16/2014 5:50:19 PM
Seems like bad luck as hardware failures have been very minimal with Xbox One and PS4 that I know of.
#3PoloMan6Posted 5/16/2014 6:41:59 PM
Well you came to the right place.

Thanx for sharing.
#4MrImpatient35Posted 5/16/2014 6:46:34 PM
warz0r09 posted...
Seems like bad luck as hardware failures have been very minimal with Xbox One and PS4 that I know of.

I haven't heard of too many hardware problems from X1 or ps4, so you're situation is prolly just an isolated incident.
---
FML
#5McCartneyMartinPosted 5/16/2014 6:53:18 PM
Unplug it. Then try it again. Worked for me.
#6MasterDuo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 8:02:17 PM
Did all the stuff and went through several resets and cache clearing solutions and they concluded that the drive is defective and I have to send it in :-(
---
PSN: duoreign Xbox: masterduo
Heat and Mavs fan from Sacramento since 95'
#7aszsithPosted 5/16/2014 11:18:28 PM
These things happen. Remember: Microsoft didn't make the blu-ray drive, they only made the OS that utilizes it. So be mad at the drive manufacturer if you want to be mad at anyone.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.