I always see people talk about

#1Hidan623Posted 5/16/2014 5:12:56 PM
perfect dark......when I played that game it seemed super boring that I didn't get past the first level.....did it get better as you got farther I never understood everyones obsession with that game.
#2bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 5/16/2014 5:22:30 PM
Which one? The original or zero?
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#3Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 5:23:19 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
Which one? The original or zero?

the one that as on the 360 I think zero is the one I played
#4LanternOfAshPosted 5/16/2014 5:24:16 PM
Nobody liked that game. You're mad confused. They're talking about the one on N64.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#5Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 5:25:00 PM
LanternOfAsh posted...
Nobody liked that game. You're mad confused. They're talking about the one on N64.

ahhhh okay I didn't know there was 2 people just say perfect dark in general lol
#6bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 5/16/2014 5:47:46 PM
Hidan623 posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...

ahhhh okay I didn't know there was 2 people just say perfect dark in general lol

They do have the original on the 360. It's in the arcade games section of the marketplace.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#7cmincPosted 5/16/2014 5:58:36 PM
Hi. I'm one of those people you mentioned, tc. Sup?

Perfect dark was rare's unoffical sequel to goldeneye for the n64. Back then, it was the most fully featured splitscreen mutiplayer game there was. It was certainly the best shooter that could be found on a console back then, too, but that's not the only reason why we continue to want a new one.

Right now, if you play a shooter, any of them, you get a little dot on your screen that tells you where to go and what to do once you get there. In perfect dark you had objectives and that was pretty much it. No help. No hand holding. Just a list of stuff for you to do, that was long or short depending on your difficulty setting, that determined whether you accomplished the mission or had to adjust your tactics, look elsewhere, and try again.

In other words, you were dropped off in a world (not a series of corridors highlighted on your map) with a gun and a gadget or two and the rest was up to you to figure out. There was a sense of discovery, there were reasons to replay missions that had nothing to do with achievements and all in all, it was just great fun, that implemented and expounded upon a truly stellar mission mechanic that promised a glorious future that we never really got.

Perfect dark zero had a few touches of it, and is certainly worth playing on 360 if you havent, but was ruined by other things. We want these mechanics done right because, by far, they were the best ever created and they were just kind of forgotten about. For as much as i love halo, and i do, shooters have really only been about getting passed all the enemies on screen since it came out. Shooters can offer so much more than that.

As a further example, in perfect dark, you could kill all the enemies and reach the exit but still fail the mission because you forgot to download the data, disable the landingzone turrets, save the scientist, recover the stolen security key and dismantle the homing beacons on the warheads.

Some people dont like certain things, so i dont want you feel like you HAVE to like anything, but i do ask you to play PD again, consider when it was made, and then try to imagaine how fantastic those concepts would be if done justice today.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#8Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 6:01:54 PM
cminc posted...
Hi. I'm one of those people you mentioned, tc. Sup?

Perfect dark was rare's unoffical sequel to goldeneye for the n64. Back then, it was the most fully featured splitscreen mutiplayer game there was. It was certainly the best shooter that could be found on a console back then, too, but that's not the only reason why we continue to want a new one.

Right now, if you play a shooter, any of them, you get a little dot on your screen that tells you where to go and what to do once you get there. In perfect dark you had objectives and that was pretty much it. No help. No hand holding. Just a list of stuff for you to do, that was long or short depending on your difficulty setting, that determined whether you accomplished the mission or had to adjust your tactics, look elsewhere, and try again.

In other words, you were dropped off in a world (not a series of corridors highlighted on your map) with a gun and a gadget or two and the rest was up to you to figure out. There was a sense of discovery, there were reasons to replay missions that had nothing to do with achievements and all in all, it was just great fun, that implemented and expounded upon a truly stellar mission mechanic that promised a glorious future that we never really got.

Perfect dark zero had a few touches of it, and is certainly worth playing on 360 if you havent, but was ruined by other things. We want these mechanics done right because, by far, they were the best ever created and they were just kind of forgotten about. For as much as i love halo, and i do, shooters have really only been about getting passed all the enemies on screen since it came out. Shooters can offer so much more than that.

As a further example, in perfect dark, you could kill all the enemies and reach the exit but still fail the mission because you forgot to download the data, disable the landingzone turrets, save the scientist, recover the stolen security key and dismantle the homing beacons on the warheads.

Some people dont like certain things, so i dont want you feel like you HAVE to like anything, but i do ask you to play PD again, consider when it was made, and then try to imagaine how fantastic those concepts would be if done justice today.

well then the original perfect dark sounds like my game then I was sold at no hand holding...that kills a lottttt of games to me not just FPS like skyrim I have to turn the wholeeeeee HUD off so the compass isn't showing but that way I can't see my health and stuff I hate when it says for example find the amulet or mara and a indicator is showing you where it is right on the compass that defeated the purpose of the whole quest.....so I can see how hand holding can make perfect dark a good game....same with games like GTA and Red dead they tell you step by step what you need to do ughhhh