Kinectless Xbone or no?

#1Eagles931Posted 5/16/2014 6:05:27 PM
as some of you may no, ive been on the record saying i'll be purchasing an xbox one very soon.. Cant wait to get it and keep my streak of owning all the "big 3" consoles going for another gen,

with that being said, im kind of torn between on whether to get a titanfall bundle xbone or just the kinectless one. Money is no issue at all, but considering they are making a bundle without kinect makes me wonder if it is incorporated enough to warrant the purchase.

I probably wont buy any of the kinect games, so i guess i kinda answered my own question?
---
PSN : SlootSlayer11
LoL IGN: Merecat
#2Road_Kill_666Posted 5/16/2014 6:14:30 PM
If money is no issue then get the Kinect Titanfall bundle and if you end up not liking or wanting to use the Kinect you can always unplug it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Although I wonder if moneys no object why you haven't gotten one before now? I bought two X1's and 5 games and about to pre order like 6 or more next week.
#3Blade_Of_IcePosted 5/16/2014 6:25:50 PM
still hoping for the return of the DRM but i'm closer to getting one

im conflicted when it came to kinect, i NEVER wanted the camera, almost every damn device on the planet these days comes with one, so i don't need it on another appliance, i have a phone, a tablet, and 3 pcs, if i'm gonna use a webcam i'm gonna go hop on one of those not on a damn gaming console...

then theres the voice commands, for the xbone interface itself i wouldn't mind, but actual games themselves, i'd rather just press the damn button than scream at my tv

but in the end, i never used my 360 for anything but games, i'm not gonna watch tv on the xbone, i'm not pety enough to feel the need to record every second of my gameplay and post in online along with the exact same video thousands of others have posted. I'm not gonna use skype, i'm not gonna go on facebook, i'm not gonna use netflix, i'm gonna blow $60+ on game after game and use it as what it should have been from the very start, a gaming console.
#4kennyynnooPosted 5/16/2014 6:30:14 PM
Just watch for deals on a bundle, $399 isn't much of a deal with no games or Kinect. I only use my Kinect for skyping but I will say my parents said the camera is way better to view then my MacBook for skyping.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#5CaIiber345Posted 5/16/2014 6:32:30 PM
Eagles931 posted...
as some of you may no

Stopped reading there.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: Destiny, No Man's Sky, Rogue Legacy, The Witness
#6Stouffer1Posted 5/16/2014 6:35:32 PM
I'm now torn. I sold my one due to making a profit at Xmas. I'm content with my ps4 at the moment but don't want the camera (60 uk pounds is a rip off). I do want a one. Dr3 is still my favourite game of the gen. I'd love halo and the rumoured gears is the icing. I'll buy a one by September I think, ready and waiting.

But I haven't got room being my main issue. Kinect doesn't suit my gaming area. However when I had my initial one I did think just talking to it was really a handy feature. I loved that I could just walk in, and while taking my suit off after work I could be watching a YouTube vid with just voice commands. Everything was great as it was genuinely a hands free interface. When I get one again I'm torn between a kinect or not. Motion is out for me, I do fear it'll be under supported now, but damn would I like voice control to be that easy again.
#7Eagles931(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 6:47:22 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
If money is no issue then get the Kinect Titanfall bundle and if you end up not liking or wanting to use the Kinect you can always unplug it. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Although I wonder if moneys no object why you haven't gotten one before now? I bought two X1's and 5 games and about to pre order like 6 or more next week.

havent bought one already because i decided to purchase my first car instead of getting the xbone . priorities my man.
---
#8Eagles931(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 6:47:43 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Eagles931 posted...
as some of you may no

Stopped reading there.

and still felt the need to post anyways?

good on ya mate
---
#9cmincPosted 5/16/2014 6:59:20 PM
I'd wait until e3 before giving it any further thought. I fully expect kinect bundles to include a game at the 449 price we saw a little bit ago and that, to me, is a much better deal, even if the 399 consoles end up including a game also, but especially if it doesnt.

I have my tv piped through mine, even though i prefer using the remote for guide navigation and it is pretty slick for the assumed price of free when you buy the 449 bundle and get a game. Hands free pausing and what not is almost second nature now away from the remote or with hands full.

Even without the tv, its cool just for the little things like turning all your stuff on with 'xbox on' code scanning onstead of entry, last minute tv volume adjustments, and that sort of thing. Even as i know i'll likely never buy a kinect centric game--my wife is into those--it's an option i have that requires no more investment on my part.

It's not nearly as bad as the haters would have you believe. I really thought i'd hate mine and now i cant imagine the xb1 experience being the same without it. If money isnt an issue, i'd go ahead and get it for the occassional convenience of voice control alone.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1