Should this Xbox One udpate take so long?

#1GrimMTrixXPosted 5/16/2014 8:26:38 PM
OK so sure I haven't turned on my Xbox One since the last Dead Rising 3 DLC episode came out, but man how many updates have there been since then? It's taking longer to update this that the Day one update. It's gone from 33% to 36 % in the last hour. All I wanted to do was download and play Super Time Force. Too much to ask I guess. But was anyone else in the same boat?

I don't want to turn it off for fear of some corruption but I also don't know if I want to just leave it going all night. Decisions decisions.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8886-3851 (Bravely Default currently)
#2crynryanPosted 5/16/2014 10:18:05 PM
If it's downloading, you can turn it off no problem. If it's installing, you'll have a brick if you turn it off.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3aszsithPosted 5/16/2014 11:14:22 PM
This is why they enabled standby mode and automatic downloads. I swear 99% of the issues people have with technology is they don't use it the way it was designed to be used.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#4pblimp360Posted 5/16/2014 11:52:20 PM
aszsith posted...
This is why they enabled standby mode and automatic downloads. I swear 99% of the issues people have with technology is they don't use it the way it was designed to be used.

I have to agree here with my dude. You're making it harder than it needs to be, TC.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#5GrimMTrixX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 5:45:51 AM
i have it set for that, but that's not the point. I just wanted it to update so I could play. It didnt finsh til almost 2am so I didnt have time to play. No other console I have takes that long to download so it can't be my internet speed as PS3 and 360 download 500mb-1gb downloads with ease and I am lucky if I wait more than 10 minutes normally. So for this one to take nearly 3hrs was just odd. It took longer than my Day One update for the console which I didn't expect to deal with again. Yes I am aware i can do automatic downloads, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was I just wanted it to download so I could play it. But that did not occur. Sure it's fine now for later tonight but still lame nonetheless. I guess my lesson is to turn on my Xbox One at least once every week just in case of downloads so when I want to actually use it it'll be ready to go.
---
#6yiangaruuugaPosted 5/17/2014 7:42:45 AM
Yeah, I would just always keep my XB1 on standby mode unless there's a good reason not too. I know you said you have decent internet, but in the case of this it sounds like it's your internet. More specifically, your internet's connection to Microsoft's servers containing the update. So, maybe heavy traffic flow, or your internet is being slowed down due to multiple devices.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#7Juzten76Posted 5/17/2014 8:10:29 AM
So Microsoft should call you to make an appointment for updating your Xbox when it's convenient for you?

This board is so full of crybabies.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot
#8GrimMTrixX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 12:31:02 PM
Haha wow i thought the standby was just when downloading. I didnt know you could leave it running for updates too. That must not be a default option. Thanks guys! But still.... no update should take that long with high speed internet and being under 300mg. Sure i have lots of suff using wifi but updates/downloads on ps3/360 dont take nearly that long. I find it odd that they still take forever on the One. I shall change my settings so future updates happen when they come available. Thanks again everyone. Its as good a fix as any.
---
#9aszsithPosted 5/18/2014 12:45:14 AM
TC, your situation has absolutely nothing to do with the XBOne itself. While many users are experiencing slow downloads like you are, many others are not. This indicates that the issue lies not with the console or the servers providing the content, but rather in the middle of the communication process, either with your ISP or your modem/router. Just because your other devices appear to be fast doesn't mean they aren't stealing all your bandwidth from your XBOne.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.