Why does MS get bashed for things they're doing right?

#11pblimp360Posted 5/16/2014 10:42:10 PM
The, "They should've done this the first time!" crowd are among the worst of the worst posters honestly. That adds nothing to the discussion except to still cry foul at s*** MS has either fixed or changed for the better and is the cheapest of opinions to present. No s*** they should've done this at first, Sherlock.

At this point, those types will never be pleased no matter how many great games MS unveils, or positive policy changes they implement. They sound like an old nagging ass mother when you read their whines.

Just move on to a new system/board already and stay there.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#12aheroafakePosted 5/16/2014 10:44:13 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
I keep hearing 180, but if Microsoft stands idly by, they're not listening. That's the definition of being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Its almost as if their e3 last year will haunt them this entire cycle, it's not fair.

Most of the hate is coming from Xbox haters. And to be fair, but not completely justifiable, wasn't the PS3 hated on for most of its lifespan due to their disastrous E3 showing? "Real-time weapon switching" and "giant crabs" anyone?
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#13VoidBeyondPosted 5/16/2014 10:46:35 PM
aheroafake posted...
teh1337gosu posted...
I keep hearing 180, but if Microsoft stands idly by, they're not listening. That's the definition of being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Its almost as if their e3 last year will haunt them this entire cycle, it's not fair.

Most of the hate is coming from Xbox haters. And to be fair, but not completely justifiable, wasn't the PS3 hated on for most of its lifespan due to their disastrous E3 showing? "Real-time weapon switching" and "giant crabs" anyone?

Two wrongs don't make a right and the mistakes of others shouldn't be forced upon those who had nothing to do with it. The people hating on the X1 and saying they are because the PS3 was a beating pole are the most pathetic people who can wander GameFAQs.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
FC: 2981-6641-9175// NNID: RaptorCats//
#14InterzoneMantraPosted 5/16/2014 10:51:24 PM
teh1337gosu posted...

They're egos got too big, and is still big. The pr reps are always insulting the gaming fans and their intelligence. Fans have been very vocal about the way they felt about the x1 before it even launched and ms response was more like whatever we'll do it our way. I think its more of their image is still tainted from last year.
#15TheGam3925Posted 5/16/2014 10:52:45 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Because the only thing Microsoft was listening to was money, not consumers.

Like every other big company in the world.
Newsflash, Sony doesn't care about it's fans either.

EDIT: You trolls really need to get a new argument as that holds no value, reason right there^
P.S. Always posting like that makes you sound like a crybaby.

You really need a new argument other than b-b-but Sony does it too!!! News flash, this is the Xbox One board.

If the situation was reversed and the X1 was the top seller, MS wouldn't be removing the paywall or giving consumers the option to buy the Kinect separately. That's why they're on their hands and knees begging people to buy their console and having their PR people come up with reasons as to why their sales took a nose dive.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#16Tajaz2426Posted 5/16/2014 10:53:24 PM
They get bashed for saying things like, "the kinect is integral to the One, it's not going anywhere, or " we are not selling any because people are happy with their 360 so no need to upgrade, while people are dissatisfied with the PS 3 , so they upgrade to the PS4".

I mean good lord, who the heck would upgrade to the same company if they were so dissatisfied? Microsoft PR department does it to themselves.

If they came out and said," hey we totally screwed up with the XBox One and we know it's not better than the PS4, but we are working around the clock to fix it, would go very far with future customers.

The PR spin they put on things hurts them, because people aren't stupid. You can't crap on your opponent when they are beating your butt, but somehow they can't take responsibility.

Just my opinion in how I see it.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#17aheroafakePosted 5/16/2014 10:57:47 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
aheroafake posted...
teh1337gosu posted...

Two wrongs don't make a right and the mistakes of others shouldn't be forced upon those who had nothing to do with it. The people hating on the X1 and saying they are because the PS3 was a beating pole are the most pathetic people who can wander GameFAQs.

Yes, that's why I said it wasn't completely justifiable.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#18Omega_BlackPosted 5/16/2014 11:01:11 PM(edited)
teh1337gosu posted...

It most certainly is fair.

Microsoft backed draconian policies and restrictions at the expense of consumer convenience, never explaining clearly why it would be beneficial to them, expecting the populace to just open wide and say "AH". It would have got away with it had those pre-order numbers versus PS4 didn't reflect the negative sentiments many people were feeling.

As a gaming console, the Xbox One deserves to be given a chance, now more than ever. Microsoft, on the other hand, deserves to squirm, be consistently checked and reminded of what it tried to do to gaming and to consumers.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#19TheGam3925Posted 5/16/2014 11:00:38 PM
Tajaz2426 posted...
They get bashed for saying things like, "the kinect is integral to the One, it's not going anywhere, or " we are not selling any because people are happy with their 360 so no need to upgrade, while people are dissatisfied with the PS 3 , so they upgrade to the PS4".

I mean good lord, who the heck would upgrade to the same company if they were so dissatisfied? Microsoft PR department does it to themselves.

If they came out and said," hey we totally screwed up with the XBox One and we know it's not better than the PS4, but we are working around the clock to fix it, would go very far with future customers.

The PR spin they put on things hurts them, because people aren't stupid. You can't crap on your opponent when they are beating your butt, but somehow they can't take responsibility.

Just my opinion in how I see it.

Here is a direct quote from Microsoft if anyone is interested.

[Kinect is] integral to the Xbox One experience"..."[A Kinect-less Xbox One] is not in our plans at all,"

"As we've said from the very beginning, we believe Kinect is an absolutely integral part of the Xbox One experience."

"Look at all the thousands and thousands of game clips that have been posted by gamers to Upload Studio, of their gaming highlights, captured by speaking the words 'Xbox record that', which has already become part of Xbox vocabulary,"

"It's a really great example of how Kinect makes the experience on Xbox One even better."
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#20SparkItUpPosted 5/16/2014 11:00:42 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
Why does MS get bashed for things they're doing right?

In all honesty, it's because a lot of it is stuff that should have been done from the start, and when people made such suggestions in interviews to Microsoft, they were talked down to with condescension from the Microsoft PR people.

Then there are many that do it simply to troll however.