MS vs Sony and why Sony is in trouble

#11KolanifvPosted 5/17/2014 2:16:07 AM
Of course, let's not mention that there's absolutely no reason to keep a building that you're no longer using and that Square-Enix stock has been in free fall since Lightning Returns underperformed in NA, losing 50% of it's value since the start of the year.
#12nableetPosted 5/17/2014 2:36:58 AM
It really doesn't matter. If Sony go bankrupt or MS sell off the xbox brand then both gaming divisions will be fine. The likes of Google, Facebook and Amazon seem interested in gaming, so I wouldn't worry.

Sony are making loses and the PS division is making a loss ($70m?) but that is quite small and expected after the R&D of a new console going on to selling that console.

If the statement from MS of $1 billion spent on the xbone controller is true, then surely the xbox division would be making a loss? Either way, we have heard from MS shareholders that they want to dump gaming. So it is always possible.

TL/DR meh.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#13innuendo1984(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 12:14:51 AM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-11-07-huge-xbox-losses-hidden-by-patent-royalties-says-analyst
With the amount of times Microsoft have lied and back-pedalled with the Xbox One I'm more inclined to believe an analyst then the company.

RyuuHou25 posted...
I don't think TC much liked your factual post.....even though he claimed to have no issue with factual posts of course. Irony.

You didn't think TC liked the SPECULATIONS in that link?
Why not? Because he didn't respond within 5 minutes?
I was busy kicking back with some friends, and afterwards I had a very serious gaming session, that needed my attention. Sorry, I don't live online.

As for the link. Of course let's trust the word of some third party analyst with no inside info, over the official statements from a listed company (because that fits our agenda much better).

For arguments sake, let's say the XB1 has been sold at a loss since launch.
How does that in any way change the fact, that when it comes to financial reports there is a clear double-standard, where the couch analysis used to doom XB1 doesn't apply to PS4?
Or how does it change the fact, that Sony is still in the red, and is a company in trouble? (hence the junk bond status posted earlier)

As for investors (pl.) wanting to sell off the games division, it's actually just one (sl.); ValueAct, who holds 1% of the stock. That is very far from being a deciding factor ( http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/techflash/2013/08/long-time-microsoft-analyst-predicts.html ).

jairusmonillas posted...
Sony is trouble? they've been in trouble for like 10 years and yet here we are today, ps4 destroying xbox one and even forcing them to backpedal.

Exactly, 10 years which means they have very little (if any) fat to live off. That's why they're trying to make ends meet by selling off the silverware. In the land of honor (especially in the business world) having to sell of HQs, even disused ones, is a public embarassment, that lowers the esteem of a company.
If they only had 1-2 years with red numbers, or even "just" 5, they might be OK, but right now Sony is on a downwards spiral.
#14blacklabelicePosted 5/18/2014 12:20:25 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Better question. who the f--- cares?
#15RaRitsujunPosted 5/18/2014 12:21:03 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Sony is trouble? they've been in trouble for like 10 years and yet here we are today, ps4 destroying xbox one and even forcing them to backpedal.

---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#16innuendo1984(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 12:27:18 AM
blacklabelice posted...
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Better question. who the f--- cares?

Obviously you 2, at least enough to warrant a reply

RaRitsujun posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Already answered that exact post once, to your equally dense partner.
#17SRBiasPosted 5/18/2014 12:28:31 AM
I have been saying this for a while now. Sony has been selling things, restructuring, wishing executives best of luck in future endeavors, and things just keep piling on. I am a fan of Xbox, I like Xbox exclusives. I have no hate towards Sony. My TV is a Sony and I love it. I buy Blu-rays like crazy. I think Sony makes a good product, I just don't care for Sony's exclusives. I think Forza is better than Gran Turismo, I love Fable, I like Halo, and Gears. That's my opinion.

But there are a lot of articles out there about how badly Sony is doing financially. This isn't some insane junk some fanboy is pulling out of the sky, it's real. The numbers don't lie and they aren't positive. I don't want them to bow out, them or Nintendo. Because let's be honest here, MS thought they were gonna run away with the United States market, and made so HORRIBLE decisions. Those are being rectified, and the people responsible well they are playing in the cell market now. I don't want one system to rule them all, we need all three of these guys to do well, it pushes the market.
#18mokmuudPosted 5/18/2014 12:29:53 AM
TC you realize when they say the Xbox One is selling at a small profit its referring to the manufacturing cost per console? Its not accounting for all the R&D, marketing, and other costs associated with launching a new console. Then you have to consider the price drops and bundles they have had. That on top of the fact the brand hasn't been profitable yet.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#19xTheGrieverxPosted 5/18/2014 12:31:24 AM
Why is this even important? These topics are like Pokemon games, two different versions: "Reassurance Topics: Playstation 4 Version" and "Reassurance Topics: Xbox One Version". It's getting beyond pathetic.
---
PSN: xTheGrieverx
Currently playing: Final Fantasy X HD (Vita), Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
#20Styrof0amPosted 5/18/2014 12:36:41 AM
xTheGrieverx posted...
Why is this even important? These topics are like Pokemon games, two different versions: "Reassurance Topics: Playstation 4 Version" and "Reassurance Topics: Xbox One Version". It's getting beyond pathetic.

Hahahahaha, I'd actually buy both games.

A wild Infamous appears ...

Ryse, I choose you
Ryse uses GFX, it's super effective

Infamous usef resolution

... Aah, sorry, haven't had my morning coffee yet (^^,)

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod