MS vs Sony and why Sony is in trouble

#21Spetsnaz420Posted 5/18/2014 12:42:11 AM
xTheGrieverx posted...
Why is this even important? These topics are like Pokemon games, two different versions: "Reassurance Topics: Playstation 4 Version" and "Reassurance Topics: Xbox One Version". It's getting beyond pathetic.

Too bad you gotta buy both to get all 151 pocket fanboys
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#22CombaticusXYPosted 5/18/2014 1:12:14 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
Better question. who the f--- cares?

Not you.. and yet you posted, isn't that a Chinese riddle
---
Team SPFC: Nova/Trish/Doom...It's On now!!
PSN/Xboxlive: CombaticusXY
#23xTheGrieverxPosted 5/18/2014 1:23:05 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
xTheGrieverx posted...
Why is this even important? These topics are like Pokemon games, two different versions: "Reassurance Topics: Playstation 4 Version" and "Reassurance Topics: Xbox One Version". It's getting beyond pathetic.

It's over 700 now.... What's worse is, half that stuff's not even gonna see the light of day outside of Japan.
Too bad you gotta buy both to get all 151 pocket fanboys

---
PSN: xTheGrieverx
Currently playing: Final Fantasy X HD (Vita), Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
#24Webmaster4531Posted 5/18/2014 1:54:44 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielnyegriffiths/2013/11/19/report-sony-near-to-profit-on-ps4-hardware/

It doesn't seem like it takes much for the Sony to make a profit. Probably just a PS+ subscription and a game. I sincerely doubt most people just bought the console for Netflix. Hell, maybe buying a bluray for it technically counts.
---
Ad Hominem.
#25EnclavePosted 5/18/2014 9:24:29 AM
nableet posted...
Sony are making loses and the PS division is making a loss ($70m?) but that is quite small and expected after the R&D of a new console going on to selling that console.

FYI, over 60 million of that 70 million is from SOE, a gaming offshoot who is not related to SCE. Those losses were caused by some under performing MMOs, only 1 new game launch last year and Everquest Next and Landmark both being in development.

The only solid profit generators SOE has going at the moment is Everquest and Everquest II.

SOE however will have nothing to worry about if they actually pull off what they plan to with EQN. That game could revolutionise the genre, much like the original Everquest did.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#26KolanifvPosted 5/18/2014 9:30:30 AM
Everquest 2 is barely profitable, I think the new All Access is going to help overall SOE revenue though, along with EQN's profit scheme. They are also closing most of the dead MMOs that they still host this year too.
#27EnclavePosted 5/18/2014 9:35:46 AM
Kolanifv posted...
Everquest 2 is barely profitable, I think the new All Access is going to help overall SOE revenue though, along with EQN's profit scheme. They are also closing most of the dead MMOs that they still host this year too.

It may not make crazy profits but it does make solid profits. It has a stable userbase that aren't going anywhere and I'm not even sure EQII has had any losses since going F2P.

To be a solid profits generator you just need reliable profits, they don't need to be big profits.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#28Homie_202Posted 5/18/2014 9:42:57 AM
The xbox brand hasnt made money. Its pretty well known. They may be making a profit in each console sold but they are still in the red when it comes to the xbox brand. The 360 only just started to turn a profit at the end if its life cycle due to rnd amd the red ring in that console. Then they had to dump a ton of money into the development of the xbox one putting them even further in the hole. That is why the shareholders want xbox gone. It has yet to make the company any money it has just been a money pit for them.

Sony hasnt had that problem witj its console department. Their problem lies in other departments. It shows since they have been closing many departments recently that are just nit profitable. With how bad the one is selling in comparison to the 4 and how much they have had to change things I would not be surprised at all if this is microsofts last console.
#29animalswillrulePosted 5/18/2014 9:59:49 AM
I do not support this console war. Personally i would prefer if the companies worked together and maybe get some cross platform multiplayer going instead of dividing the console community but I digress. The reason for my posting is that I watched a video recently and I will try to find it if someone else finds it first that would be fantastic but it talked about how Sony was struggling hard in almost all of the hardware aspects (tvs, camera etc) but that the ps4 was the one hardware area were they acctualy had good sales numbers.

Like I said I do not support this was I chose the xbox because I prefer the controller and the exclusives (dr3 is amazing and I've yet to play a halo or fable game I didn't enjoy) but in the future I wouldn't mind owning a ps4 as well.

How ever as much as I understand liking a company. Hoping and being happy if a company is failing is rather disgusting people lose jobs consumers lose products they enjoy and the industry loses competition that doesn't help anybody.
---
Arguing online is like boxing in the circus. You might win but you're still a clown
#30Golden MavenPosted 5/18/2014 10:09:13 AM
Fantastic post TC. Well done.

Sony fanboys cannot begin to comprehend what you typed.