WOW! April sales worse then 360 sales EVER!

#1FPS_hitmanPosted 5/17/2014 2:24:03 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-16-ps4-and-xbox-one-double-sales-of-predecessors-during-first-six-months-in-us

April Xbox One sales of 115K, which is worse than the Xbox 360 ever did in April (prior to this year - where it only shifted 71K copies when competing against its successor). Previously, the Xbox 360's record low for April was 130K in April 2013. These rapidly drying up sales certainly seem like a big instigator in getting Microsoft to sell its latest console at a lower price without Kinect.

Damn and May is gonna be even worse. Looks just like the Wii U with all the xbox fans rushing to buy and now sales are as the article says "rapidly drying up". What can they do? They said it was gonna be a marathon not a sprint but looks like lately they are blowing their load just to make it around the first 1/4 mile of the race.

How do they interest anyone with a inferior product at the same price as the competition. Now with no kinect there is no feature to even make them seem different plus support for it now will be non existent and some buyers will resent being used and abandoned. Plus their only notable franchises Halo and Gears have been declining in quality to the point their original Devs didnt want them and sold them off. Now the top franchises for the company are in the hands of unproven studio's who are nowhere near the level of developers Bungie was.

How is the board and investors going to react since they have been calling for the xbox division disbandment? Bill gates and the vice president have recently came out supporting this. In the quarterly sales call they could only talk about sales into the stream not even sales to consumers. Right after talk is they have flooded the market and slowing production. Now next quarter is going to include this worse then ever April with May going to be worse. Orders for the $399 version are also low.

Really bad signs and things to come for this brand if they dont absolutely blow everyone's mind at E3 and even then its probably to late.
#2SxmfctPosted 5/17/2014 2:34:27 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that OP, I hope with the prescribed ointment it clears up with no lasting scars

I'm rooting for you buddy!
#3FinzFan4lifePosted 5/17/2014 2:55:57 AM
OMG ITS A TRAGEDY
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#4chedibang1994Posted 5/17/2014 3:00:44 AM
Worst topic this month tc you made better but I guess it will only get worse
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#5pblimp360Posted 5/17/2014 3:05:47 AM
It's "than", not "then", TC. At least troll correctly.

To the list you go. Later. : )
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#6jairusmonillasPosted 5/17/2014 3:06:39 AM
sad numbers for xbox one. it will always play catch up with ps4.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#7pobbesPosted 5/17/2014 3:21:03 AM
why do you think they unbundled the kinect?
#8zinsindettaPosted 5/17/2014 3:25:42 AM
Oh no! How will my Xbox One games be fun now? I hope the sales pick up because I cannot enjoy video games unless the console I am playing them on is selling well.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#9kennyynnooPosted 5/17/2014 3:40:57 AM
Good god does he believe we will read all of that? Nice life.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#10WildsparkPosted 5/17/2014 3:43:31 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Good god does he believe we will read all of that? Nice life.

How hard is it to read a couple of paragraphs?
---
Gamefaqs: where 12 year olds tease 11 year olds for acting like 10 year olds.