On June 9,I'm going to start stifling innovation

#1hotmarxPosted 5/17/2014 6:00:16 AM
I got an original Xbox at launch,got a 360 at launch,but skipped the Xbox One at launch.
I skipped it for one reason and one reason only ... Kinect.Agree with me or disagree with me,whatever,I don't want Kinect and I'm not going to pay for it.
I'm looking forward to finally getting an Xbox One.Most people here seem to really be enjoying theirs.
Oh yeah,Sunset Overdrive coming out whenever it's supposed be out made my decision a little easier,too!
---
I don't usually revisit posts I make.I say my piece and move along.If you agree with me that's great.If not,that's fine,too.Everybody has their own opinions.
#2kennyynnooPosted 5/17/2014 6:05:22 AM
Telling you its a better deal to wait and just grab a bundle with kinect and game for $449 like its been. You can sell that kinect camera for 50-100.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#3richboy900Posted 5/17/2014 6:05:24 AM
I am kind of in the same boat, but bad hardware is what stopped me buying the one at launch (for the money), not really the kinect. Still will end up with xb1 later on.
#4GambitbuzzkillPosted 5/17/2014 6:10:27 AM
TC im sure a lot ppl will be doing the same so you're not alone.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#5hotmarx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 6:19:55 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Telling you its a better deal to wait and just grab a bundle with kinect and game for $449 like its been. You can sell that kinect camera for 50-100.

I did it a little differently than you would have.I went through the duplicate cartridges in my SNES collection and traded 8 of them for almost $400 to another collector to raise funds towards purchasing an Xbox One,total cash outlay for those 8 games was about $75.Works better for me doing it that way.
---
I don't usually revisit posts I make.I say my piece and move along.If you agree with me that's great.If not,that's fine,too.Everybody has their own opinions.
#6MrImpatient35Posted 5/17/2014 6:23:16 AM
Well after ALL this talk from people on this board, on youtube, in articles, that MS needs to drop Kinect before they buy it, what happened when they dropped Kinect? Maybe 5 more sales -_-. So it was a pointless move. If they didn't wanna buy it before, they're still not gonna wanna buy it. MS should realize that "gamers" will never be happy no matter what you do, so continue to "piss them off".
---
FML
#7nb003_99Posted 5/17/2014 6:24:52 AM
June 9th? ...Rookie...
Been stifiling since
ATARI 2600
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#8kyncaniPosted 5/17/2014 6:33:07 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Well after ALL this talk from people on this board, on youtube, in articles, that MS needs to drop Kinect before they buy it, what happened when they dropped Kinect? Maybe 5 more sales -_-. So it was a pointless move. If they didn't wanna buy it before, they're still not gonna wanna buy it. MS should realize that "gamers" will never be happy no matter what you do, so continue to "piss them off".

Source for all that Xbox One doom and gloom ?
#9MrImpatient35Posted 5/17/2014 6:35:10 AM
kyncani posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but from comments on this board, I highly doubt this move will sell any additional units. But then again, people often do actually do what they say, so who knows. Maybe this will drastically boost sales afterall. I hope it does.
---
FML
#10billsfanno1Posted 5/17/2014 6:47:57 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
kyncani posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but from comments on this board, I highly doubt this move will sell any additional units. But then again, people often do actually do what they say, so who knows. Maybe this will drastically boost sales afterall. I hope it does.

I don't think a board full mostly with either X1 owners or haters is a good gage for demand. FWIW, I will likely be buying 2 of the Kinect-less SKUs for my den and son's bedroom this year.