Anyone Waiting Until After E3 to Buy a New Console

#1gamefreakz92Posted 5/17/2014 1:35:51 PM(edited)
I've already vocalized this in another thread, but I plan on waiting until after e3 to decide whether or not I'll keep the MK8 bundle. After hearing about the Halo set (1,2,3 and 4), Halo: Guardians, Sunset Overdrive and the inevitable FF15 (the first one in the series that actually catches my attention), e3 will be the determining factor for me. What about the rest of the board?

There are other games on the Xbone (if I choose that to be my new console) that interest me aside from those 3, but I need to know what else to look forward to.

Also, do you guys think the MK8 bundle will be hard to find? If I don't get it within the first couple of days, it'll be 2-3 weeks afterwards, which is after e3, so that would work. I just want to secure it incase it is hard to find and I do choose to let that be my console of choice for the new generation of consoles.
#2gamefreakz92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 1:36:08 PM
Bump
#3TarotXIIIPosted 5/17/2014 2:39:39 PM
Yeah i'm waiting till e3. Then i'm going to buy the kinect-less xbox one. I'm going all digital too.
#4VmodePosted 5/17/2014 2:44:20 PM
I'm waiting 'till after the holidays. I got burned hard with the Xbox 360 so I do not want to do through that again.
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#5shotymePosted 5/17/2014 2:44:44 PM
Yep. I only have a PC, Wii U, and PS3 atm. E3 determines if I get the X1 or PS4. No matter what console I will be getting FF15, Madden 15, and DA:Inquisition. My choice will be based on the better overall exclusives(i.e. quality not quanity)
---
Playing: NBA 2k14,TitanFall(PC),Dark Souls 2/Wants:Destiny,Persona 5, Blazblue CP,NBA 2k15,Ultra SF4
NCAA:SLU,ORE/NBA:Knicks,Steph Curry/NFL:Titans/MLB:Cards
#6TauriLeaderPosted 5/17/2014 2:46:13 PM
What games are you looking at in the short term?
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#7ComradeRyanPosted 5/17/2014 2:55:44 PM
I am planning to get a PS4 around the time Star Wars: Battlefront gets released. A lot of the games coming out this year have seventh generation versions. I got no interest in purchasing an Xbox One.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#8Lord_SerpentorPosted 5/17/2014 3:11:13 PM
gamefreakz92 posted...
I've already vocalized this in another thread, but I plan on waiting until after e3 to decide whether or not I'll keep the MK8 bundle. After hearing about the Halo set (1,2,3 and 4), Halo: Guardians, Sunset Overdrive and the inevitable FF15 (the first one in the series that actually catches my attention), e3 will be the determining factor for me. What about the rest of the board?

There are other games on the Xbone (if I choose that to be my new console) that interest me aside from those 3, but I need to know what else to look forward to.

Also, do you guys think the MK8 bundle will be hard to find? If I don't get it within the first couple of days, it'll be 2-3 weeks afterwards, which is after e3, so that would work. I just want to secure it incase it is hard to find and I do choose to let that be my console of choice for the new generation of consoles.

I'm waiting hopefully MS will have enough to push me over the edge and get the Kinectless Xbox One. The Mario Kart 8 bundle should be easy to find, it will become the new default bundle for Wii U probably replacing the existing Mario brothers one.
---
Official CAGN Moon Knight
PSN: LordSerpentor XBL:Serpentor10
#9pblimp360Posted 5/17/2014 3:14:53 PM
It's good to read serious gamers taking their time choosing a system. Very wise people.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#10aj4x94Posted 5/17/2014 3:29:06 PM
I was already planning on getting a PS4. E3 will decide if I buy an xbone
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Assassin's Creed II, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94