Anyone Waiting Until After E3 to Buy a New Console

#11SakurafanboyPosted 5/17/2014 3:35:34 PM
I've already decided on getting an XBox One. It'll be after E3 but its because I'm setting aside money for it. I'll probably get it late July/early August. Late August at the latest. The $399 SKU and Sunset Overdrive had won me over.

That Master Chief collection also helped since I didn't have a 360 for most of the past generation (It broke and I just never bothered getting it fixed). So I'm quite interested to try out the Halo series. Though granted I'll still need to pick up a 360 as well later on since I want to play ODST and Reach then as well to experience the entire series. Then there's Vesperia and other JRPGs I want to play on the 360.

Anyways, to answer about TC's question - yes, I'm getting it after E3 but its not just because of E3.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#12gamefreakz92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 3:42:39 PM
TauriLeader posted...
What games are you looking at in the short term?

Well, I guess in the short term for the WiiU would be MK8 and Smash. Maybe Hyrule Warrious. With Nintendo's deal, id also be able to get Wind Waker HD for free after registering MK8 on Club N, but Kart and Smash are short term known 2014 releases I definitely would get.

For X1, there is Sunset Overdrive and I guess the Halo set. Really SO for known 2014 releases also. The Halo set may actually not be as enticing as it initially sounded and Halo 5 and FF15 are in 2015. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is why e3 is kind of important in my decision. Money is a factor for a recent college grad and I need to know what I can look forward to for both. As much as I love halo, I pretty much bought a 360 for 4 and though I loved it, I really couldn't get into majority of anything else, but maybe college was the cause of that.
#13gamefreakz92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 3:46:44 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...

That Master Chief collection also helped.

Yea, Halo's story is amazing IMO. I only played it for it's story and love it to pieces. SO's vibrancy and fun also looks amazing, so I know that feeling. Just not sold.

If you already know, then good for you. Hopefully you enjoy Halo as much as I do.
#14DBGohan2005Posted 5/17/2014 4:27:20 PM
Yes in terms of Xbox one. Sunset overdrive and quantum break seem interesting so far but want to make sure they deliver. I also need exact release dates.
#15DriveBy5173Posted 5/17/2014 4:47:51 PM
I'll probably wait until next years E3, I have my PC, 360 and PS3 to keep me entertained until then. By that time I will also be able to start out with a nice selection of games to choose from.
Or I may just ditch consoles all together and upgrade the $hit out of mine and my sons PCs.
#16SlugSh0tPosted 5/17/2014 4:52:01 PM
I have a ps4 and x1... Had a wii u, but might buy it again if they announce something big.
---
>_______________>
#17gamefreakz92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 4:53:50 PM
SlugSh0t posted...
I have a ps4 and x1... Had a wii u, but might buy it again if they announce something big.

You don't feel a redundancy between those two systems? I guess the exclusives are enough.
#18SlugSh0tPosted 5/17/2014 4:56:46 PM
gamefreakz92 posted...
SlugSh0t posted...

You don't feel a redundancy between those two systems? I guess the exclusives are enough.

There is some yeah. I get multiplatform games on ps4. X1 has some okay exclusives at the moment though. Might depend on E3 as well. If Phil spencer is serious, then it will have some big games announced.
---
>_______________>
#19Samus3DPosted 5/17/2014 4:56:53 PM
If Master Chief collection/ Halo 2A is coming this fall alongside another exclusive that interests me plus Sunset Overdrive, I'll have to get the $399 X1.

Playstation's first party doesn't do anything for me, though they could announce their own third party exclusives as well, wouldn't be smart with the shape they're in.
#20gamefreakz92(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 5:22:39 PM
Samus3D posted...

Playstation's first party doesn't do anything for me

Same. As someone mentioned on another thread on this site, Playstation is pretty much running off of past reputation. The PS3 was pretty good, but so was the 360. So far, PS4 hasn't wowed me.