Walking dead game of the year edition for xbox one?

#1BoomerHelllPosted 5/17/2014 7:39:25 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/walking-dead-game-of-the-year-edition/114756

saw this, has this been announced? am i late?
#2crynryanPosted 5/17/2014 7:48:27 PM
If it's true, it's definitely a game that people will get for the achievements, as most everybody would have already played it by now.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3snowboard340Posted 5/17/2014 7:52:51 PM
Hopefully season two gets added then t. I want to replay both seasons and change my decisions, but I'd rather wait to play it on Xbox one, because the performance issues on the 360 disc version annoy me.
#4crynryanPosted 5/17/2014 7:58:41 PM
Performance on the arcade releases (I haven't played the disc version) is okay, but it's mostly their engine that's just really wonky. Lip sync and movement animations are just weird.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#5BoomerHelll(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 8:30:26 PM
crynryan posted...
Performance on the arcade releases (I haven't played the disc version) is okay, but it's mostly their engine that's just really wonky. Lip sync and movement animations are just weird.

true, only played the digital versions but i would buy this in hopes that they also port season 2 and by then season 3 could hopefully launch on next gen with all the saves on my console.
#6mcnichojPosted 5/17/2014 8:32:17 PM
crynryan posted...
The game worked pretty well when I did my PS3 run. This was just a few weeks ago though, so maybe they patched things up quite a bit. It crashed once and I believe I only had minor hiccups here and there.
Experienced a number of hiccups on my first run with the 360.
The game is still riddled with more bugs than it should be and has hardly any replay value. It lacks any real gameplay and shouldn't have been awarded for GOTY by so many. Maybe some awards for best story telling or voice actors, not GOTY. That should be awarded to actual games. Not interactive videos.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#7snowboard340Posted 5/17/2014 8:33:16 PM
crynryan posted...

The disc version doesn't let you install on the 360, so it has a lot of problems loading things quick enough, and it has huge performance issues overall. Season 2 works perfectly fine for me as digital.
#8TheGam3925Posted 5/17/2014 8:36:04 PM
Here's an idea. Why not just make the game available for download for people who have already paid for the game on 360?
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#9da_StoOgePosted 5/17/2014 8:42:03 PM
My PS3 play through was awful. It would ask me to shoot a zombie but the screen would freeze for 5 or 10 seconds and when it unfroze I'd already be dead.

I liked the story though, so I might be interested in getting it again.
---
Being modded without reason since 2035.
#10mcnichojPosted 5/17/2014 8:48:16 PM
TheGam3925 posted...
Here's an idea. Why not just make the game available for download for people who have already paid for the game on 360?
MS is slowly incorporating cross-buy functionality.
They started it with Halo Spartan Assault on Win 8.
Who knows when it will finally be service wide.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.