Walking dead game of the year edition for xbox one?

#11crynryanPosted 5/18/2014 2:20:41 PM
mcnichoj posted...
Experienced a number of hiccups on my first run with the 360.
The game is still riddled with more bugs than it should be

What's pretty sad is that it seems like they haven't used any of the money they've obtained from any of their games to upgrade their engine. Tales of Monkey Island and the Back to the Future game all seem to have the same weird animations and engine problems. You'd think with the millions they'd earned they'd spend some of it to upgrade their engine, especially when Randy Tudor (their lead programmer) won an award a bit ago for being "Best Programmer" or something.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#12BloodyDove2vsPosted 5/18/2014 2:34:06 PM
great game ^^
---
"Microsoft's warchest + guns with ammunition = the death of innovation" XB1M13 < shazbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#13ThaeosPosted 5/21/2014 5:21:26 AM
crynryan posted...
mcnichoj posted...
The game is still riddled with more bugs than it should be

What's pretty sad is that it seems like they haven't used any of the money they've obtained from any of their games to upgrade their engine. Tales of Monkey Island and the Back to the Future game all seem to have the same weird animations and engine problems. You'd think with the millions they'd earned they'd spend some of it to upgrade their engine, especially when Randy Tudor (their lead programmer) won an award a bit ago for being "Best Programmer" or something.

They're probably using all that revenue on their newest project Tales from the the Borderlands (I believe it's called).
---
XBL: thaeos11
#14crynryanPosted 5/21/2014 5:28:45 AM
Thaeos posted...
They're probably using all that revenue on their newest project Tales from the the Borderlands (I believe it's called).

And Game of Thrones too. But even then, I think (and all my friends do too) that if they were to actually fix their animations it would add a lot more, as it's looks really bad when characters fail to mouth most of the words incorrectly.

But with them porting to every current console and PC, I'm sure most of that time and money spent for the engine is just used in getting it to work on all the platforms.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#15Donuts_R_GoodPosted 5/21/2014 6:04:52 AM
I would definitely buy this.

I get to replay one of the best stories of last gen, and I get a free easy 1000G. Perfect.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#16FinzFan4lifePosted 5/21/2014 6:17:07 AM
mcnichoj posted...
crynryan posted...
Performance on the arcade releases (I haven't played the disc version) is okay, but it's mostly their engine that's just really wonky. Lip sync and movement animations are just weird.
The game worked pretty well when I did my PS3 run. This was just a few weeks ago though, so maybe they patched things up quite a bit. It crashed once and I believe I only had minor hiccups here and there.
The game is still riddled with more bugs than it should be and has hardly any replay value. It lacks any real gameplay and shouldn't have been awarded for GOTY by so many. Maybe some awards for best story telling or voice actors, not GOTY. That should be awarded to actual games. Not interactive videos.

Great thing about opinions right is everyone is entitled to them.

It's a game no matter how you look at it.

It was different it was compelling it emersed you into the story, it made you make moral descions it was everything that we look for games to do, but it wasn't YOUR cookie cutter version of a game so you don't feel like it deserved it. Well a bunch of people did. Despite all the glitches that would be game breaking in other games most people could look past it because it was that good.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012