Poll for X1 Kinect Haters

#1Blade_Of_IcePosted 5/18/2014 12:37:07 AM
Spycam paranoia aside, would you have been more open to the "XBone's" Kinect requirement if the original had better games? - Results (102 votes)
Yes
23.53% (24 votes)
No
65.69% (67 votes)
50/50
10.78% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I owned an original kinect and was open to the idea at the start, although i will admit i didn't actually buy it, i won it in a giveaway.

by this time it was a year old and had a number of games, the problem is, there wasn't a single game i would even consider buying, a large assortment of children's games, sports/dance games, and a cabal of games where the kinect was optional and added almost nothing to the experiece...okay they were almost all pointless...

now the X1 is out and nothing has changed, hell the moment i saw the sports rivals commercial i laughed and spouted out something stupid like "atleast they stopped lying to themselves."

i admire the hardware itself, but so far i've seen nothing but a waste of resources.
#2s8dsm73rx432dgzPosted 5/18/2014 12:39:40 AM
No, I don't trust the NSA or the government enough to install a permanent camera in my living room.
---
Anarchy Burger (Hold the Government)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qct2Hycw7Tw
#3TenzhiPosted 5/18/2014 1:05:51 AM
No. I hate voice commands and motion controls.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#4Millertime660Posted 5/18/2014 1:08:11 AM
s8dsm73rx432dgz posted...
No, I don't trust the NSA or the government enough to install a permanent camera in my living room.

You have to permanently install it? I need to read my manual again....
#5aj4x94Posted 5/18/2014 1:19:40 AM
No. Controller/keyboard>Motion controls + voice commands
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Assassin's Creed II, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 5/18/2014 1:49:45 AM
I put 50/50. Most motion games are boring after 5 minutes unless playing at a party or something. They would have to show me that the games would be fun to me and controlling them is something I'm willing to do.

Frankly I just don't think anyone could show me that value
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#7s8dsm73rx432dgzPosted 5/18/2014 1:50:30 AM
Millertime660 posted...
s8dsm73rx432dgz posted...

You have to permanently install it? I need to read my manual again....

Blade_Of_Ice posted...
Kinect requirement

---
Anarchy Burger (Hold the Government)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qct2Hycw7Tw
#8TenzhiPosted 5/18/2014 1:56:04 AM
I'd say that "Kinect requirement" in the context of the poll is referring to the erstwhile requirement to purchase it along with the system not implying a requirement of permanently attaching the camera to said system.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#9thegreatsquarePosted 5/18/2014 2:52:16 AM
I don't have a kinect for my 360.

I don't care about motion controls.

I don't want to do anything that concerns motion controls.

If I was going to care about a game and learned that it uses motion controls, it would be scratched from my buy list never to return.

All I want is to sit on the freaking couch with a controller in my hand and a drink within reach.

That I don't want your camera in my house is a separate valid issue, but either way the deal will never happen ...even if it was installed into the base unit or otherwise free.
---
What games look like on my 4yr old ASUS G73jh - http://www.overclock.net
/g/a/36947/asus-g73jh-screenshot-record-of-the-games-as-played-2013-retirement/
#10Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 4:28:29 AM
Tenzhi posted...
I'd say that "Kinect requirement" in the context of the poll is referring to the erstwhile requirement to purchase it along with the system not implying a requirement of permanently attaching the camera to said system.

yeah probably should have worded it better...