Why did Microsoft decide to lower the price of the XBOX ONE to $399 US Dollars?

#1SolnotPosted 5/18/2014 9:09:18 AM
The console was already selling just fine at $499 when it came bundled with the Kinect. There was no beneficial reason for Microsoft to lower the price of the system. Now they are just going to lose even more money by selling the XBOX ONE at an even bigger loss. No wonder investors want Microsoft to get rid of their failing Xbox division. This doesn't look good at all.
#2BeefEasterPosted 5/18/2014 9:11:56 AM
by removing the kinect and only dropping the price $100 they'll actually make more money off each console

and they're pretending like they did it to please the customers
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#3Mindwipe77Posted 5/18/2014 9:16:15 AM
Solnot posted...
The console was already selling just fine at $499 when it came bundled with the Kinect. There was no beneficial reason for Microsoft to lower the price of the system. Now they are just going to lose even more money by selling the XBOX ONE at an even bigger loss. No wonder investors want Microsoft to get rid of their failing Xbox division. This doesn't look good at all.

making it less will get more sales, andmore x1's into ppl's homes, why does this affect you TC?
---
Proud owner of PS 1-4, PSP, PS Vita(Greatness Awaits)
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#4Ironman06Posted 5/18/2014 9:20:27 AM
BeefEaster posted...
by removing the kinect and only dropping the price $100 they'll actually make more money off each console

Weren't you lobbying for them to do just that for the last 6 months? I don't understand why you are angry.
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#5BeefEasterPosted 5/18/2014 9:21:50 AM
Ironman06 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

Weren't you lobbying for them to do just that for the last 6 months? I don't understand why you are angry.

when did I say I was angry?
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#6LooksLikeRainPosted 5/18/2014 9:21:54 AM
Almsot baited by solnot.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#7GuiltySoul2005Posted 5/18/2014 9:22:36 AM
Obviously the console was NOT selling just fine, no matter how bad you fanboys want to lie to yourselves or how deep the denial runs. xbone was not selling well, why else lower the price, you have to be pretty stupid to not understand this.

I'm sure some idiot xbot will come along and tell me how wrong I am and how xbone is a raging success, but the truth is right in front of your eyes, just open them and see it.
---
PSN: Bigboss-x
#8chubbychaserPosted 5/18/2014 9:24:28 AM
Its just logical to lower xbone to 399.

-xbone has inferior hardware than ps4. ps4 is 399. 500 for xbone is crazy
-ps4 has smoked xbone in term of sales.
-all multiplat games run b est on ps4
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#9chaotix42Posted 5/18/2014 9:26:52 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Almsot baited by solnot.

I'm surprised that it's an actual post and not just a link to an article & some copied italicized text.

GuiltySoul2005 posted...
Obviously the console was NOT selling just fine, no matter how bad you fanboys want to lie to yourselves or how deep the denial runs. xbone was not selling well, why else lower the price, you have to be pretty stupid to not understand this.

I'm sure some idiot xbot will come along and tell me how wrong I am and how xbone is a raging success, but the truth is right in front of your eyes, just open them and see it.

Baited.
---
GT: Falchion Sensei
Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it. - curtland
#10chedibang1994Posted 5/18/2014 9:31:27 AM
BeefEaster posted...

Some customers are pleased so it worked
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation