Watch Dogs 101 Trailer. Visually impressive/bland?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 5/18/2014 9:11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvVPVMhRGQ

I don't know what to say about this game visually. It looks like a 360 games sometimes, but at other times, like during the night, it looks damn good! I saw a video recently of how it looked when raining. Also looked very good. I guess it only looks good 2/3 of the time. Weird.

Graphics aside, from all I'm hearing about this game, sounds like I could put 100 hours into it EASY! I vaguely remember the numbers, but I think the campaign is something like 40 hours, and the side-missions could add another 60 hours to that. And that's before all the wasted time I'd spend doing whatever I feel like in freeroam. And before you consider the online MP.

I can imagine having some fun using the cTOS app thing to play on my phone, in my friend's game, trying to ruin everything I can for him lol.

So all in all, I'm definitely buying this game next week.
---
FML
#2MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 9:13:56 AM
Also, these are ALL the screenshots of the game, not just the bad ones that that other guy posted: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/18/watch_dogs-on-ps4-leaked-direct-feed-high-quality-beta-screenshots-show-that-it-looks-nothing-like-gta5/
---
FML
#3jim200Posted 5/18/2014 9:21:24 AM
The game looks like a first generation X360 game. Every version.
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: Gamertag: JemiBitti200 ::: NNID: Jemi200
3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#4Road_Kill_666Posted 5/18/2014 9:22:35 AM
I've been told the reason for this was that some vids come from the first reveal of the game where it was running on a high end pc with SLI cards, and then later footage was on next dev consoles so that's why they don't impress as much. I'm torn between getting the game on pc or X1. I just started gaming on pc and I don't like it too much. Might just stay on console no matter the look.
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:06:48 AM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
I've been told the reason for this was that some vids come from the first reveal of the game where it was running on a high end pc with SLI cards, and then later footage was on next dev consoles so that's why they don't impress as much. I'm torn between getting the game on pc or X1. I just started gaming on pc and I don't like it too much. Might just stay on console no matter the look.

I also heard that some recent footage and screenshots came from the beta, which is obviously not the final game. There has been plenty talk about the visuals of this game lately, so I get why nobody cares about it now. I'm still gonna buy it though.
---
FML
#6billOrileyPosted 5/18/2014 10:09:27 AM
if you showed me a pic like this without telling me it's watchdogs, i would automatically assume it's gta5

http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Watch_Dogs_Beta_PS4-9.png?57efa4
---
Microsoft on core gamers: "Sweaty 30 Year Olds In Metallica T-shirts"
#7gohoanqPosted 5/18/2014 10:13:03 AM
jim200 posted...

You've never seen those games I'm assuming since you said that.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#8MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:20:20 AM
gohoanq posted...
jim200 posted...

You've never seen those games I'm assuming since you said that.
---

lol yeah. I'm guessing he was exaggerating, but still. First gen X360 games didn't look half as good.
---
FML
#9uniquebadgerPosted 5/18/2014 10:23:57 AM
Why are people still surprised when the console version looks not as good as the first videos released? Aren't they always showing high end PC gameplay when games are multi-plat? I just thought this was something everyone knew?
#10ComradeRyanPosted 5/18/2014 2:39:42 PM
I am definitely picking up Watch Dogs when the price drops down to $20.00 USD.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com