XBOne Set Back By 180's?

#1aszsithPosted 5/19/2014 8:11:05 AM
I wonder what sort of impact these 180's will actually have the on the XBOne?

We know that Microsoft has been implementing patches to improve the console's functionality and will continue to refine the system. However, instead of being able to add new features and deliver on promises made, the focus must instead be on fixing the issues created by removing things.

6 months prior to launch the console saw a major change when it was announced Kinect would no longer be mandatory. Microsoft had to stop making forward progress and reprogram the console to accommodate those changes. What was lost in the process?

After launch the console was discovered to be missing certain things that seem like oversights such as the lack of a battery meter. Were this the things lost during that last 6 months of development? Perhaps, since they were patch back in with the first few months. While doing all those catch up patches, what new features were put on the back burner?

Now Kinect has been pulled out. To accommodate, the UI will most likely need some overhauling as well. This will take time no doubt. What other things may have been scheduled for that time that will now be pushed back or completely abandoned?

People will argue that listening to consumers is a good thing, and I agree. It is. Those consumers, however, don't always know what the full plans are. They want the things they don't like changed or removed, but they never consider what they will have to give up in the process. You don't usually gain functionality when features are taken away.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#2leelee3105Posted 5/19/2014 8:13:07 AM
i dont see anything that needs to be changed about the UI. I used to seemlessly with and w/out kinect.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#3aszsith(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 8:23:21 AM
leelee3105 posted...
i dont see anything that needs to be changed about the UI. I used to seemlessly with and w/out kinect.

Go ahead and record the last 30 seconds of gameplay without leaving the game by using only a controller. You can't, because you have to say "Xbox Record That" to do so, and that is the only way.

Just one example of a feature change that will undoubtedly occur.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.