My XBox Fitness Update

#31Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2014 5:40:09 PM
I completely understand the diet portion of this whole thing. I started doing things this way because I know myself and I know I wasn't ready to put myself on a diet or make any huge changes to my daily habits. I wanted to see if I could simply add in these workouts without changing really anything else and get results... which I have.

The interesting side effect I'm seeing is that once I started getting results, I started getting a little more picky with what I was putting in my body. I'm still eating relatively similar to how I was before, but I do find myself avoiding taking in obviously unnecessary calories (with soda being the obvious easy one to avoid).

So yes, I realize if I put myself on a diet and started counting calories and started going to the gym (which is one of the big reasons I did things this way... because I was finding it too difficult to find time to go to the gym with work and family obligations) I would see better results. But that's not what this has ever been about. It's always been about fitting exercise into my daily routine, not making it my life and so far I'm liking what it's doing for me.
---
GT: Uproar2099
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#32Tha_JokaPosted 5/23/2014 6:11:52 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what workouts are you doing on the app?
---
Come on cuh...
-Chris Smoove
#33chex81Posted 5/23/2014 6:32:35 PM
Good going TC! I'm loving Xbox fitness, mind you I go to the gym during the week Xbox fitness is a great alternative to workout when I can't make it to the gym.
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#34Road_Kill_666Posted 5/23/2014 6:45:29 PM
Uproar2099 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqvj2yJ_TYA

I wanted to give a quick update to those that were following the progress of my Xbox Fitness 30-day Test that I completed just over a month ago.

For those of you that are not aware of what I was doing, I tested the Xbox Fitness app for 30 days, completing 1 workout per day for 30 days without changing anything else about my lifestyle (diet, work habits, etc)

Overall my results were fairly conservative as I lowered my weight from 210 lbs to around 202 lbs, but I feel like I was getting much stronger both in my upper body and core as well as my overall stamina was much improved.

I took the advice of some of you on here, Xbox One and Twitter and made one small change after the 30 days were up... I removed soda from my diet completely. I now strictly drink water with every meal but aside from that I have made no other changes to my diet or habits (I've only gone to the real gym 1 time since for weight work when my kids were hogging the TV).

The video above shows my results from the 30 days after making those changes. I'm now down to about 195 lbs as of today and I'm literally getting comments from people every day about how thin I look. I feel MUCH stronger overall and just feel great in general.

As before, I'm very interested in hearing all of your Xbox Fitness results, especially if you've been trying something similar to me. Again, you can follow me on Xbox One, Youtube and/or Twitter for the latest updates and videos.

Thanks again to anyone that's been following me through this!

Just wanted to say I just saw your vid and sent texts to my friends to ask who wants to try the 30 day challenge with me and three said they were down so we will start on Monday. I hope we can have the same results or better that you did.
#35Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2014 6:46:19 PM
Tha_Joka posted...

Over the last month and a half I've settled on a rotation of MOSSA Fight 1, MOSSA Abs 1, P90X Shoulders and Arms and P90X Plyometrics.

I occasionally work in some others, but those are the main workouts I rotate through. I don't do more than 1 per day.

I just "Aced" MOSSA Fight 1 so I'm probably going to start rotating in MOSSA Fight 2 and I'm thinking of trying out the Insanity workouts at some point.
---
When I was asked to declare my dependents for taxes, I declared three... my wife, my kids, and my government.
#36Uproar2099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2014 6:49:01 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
Uproar2099 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqvj2yJ_TYA

I wanted to give a quick update to those that were following the progress of my Xbox Fitness 30-day Test that I completed just over a month ago.

For those of you that are not aware of what I was doing, I tested the Xbox Fitness app for 30 days, completing 1 workout per day for 30 days without changing anything else about my lifestyle (diet, work habits, etc)

Overall my results were fairly conservative as I lowered my weight from 210 lbs to around 202 lbs, but I feel like I was getting much stronger both in my upper body and core as well as my overall stamina was much improved.

I took the advice of some of you on here, Xbox One and Twitter and made one small change after the 30 days were up... I removed soda from my diet completely. I now strictly drink water with every meal but aside from that I have made no other changes to my diet or habits (I've only gone to the real gym 1 time since for weight work when my kids were hogging the TV).

The video above shows my results from the 30 days after making those changes. I'm now down to about 195 lbs as of today and I'm literally getting comments from people every day about how thin I look. I feel MUCH stronger overall and just feel great in general.

As before, I'm very interested in hearing all of your Xbox Fitness results, especially if you've been trying something similar to me. Again, you can follow me on Xbox One, Youtube and/or Twitter for the latest updates and videos.

Thanks again to anyone that's been following me through this!

Just wanted to say I just saw your vid and sent texts to my friends to ask who wants to try the 30 day challenge with me and three said they were down so we will start on Monday. I hope we can have the same results or better that you did.

That's awesome! Really happy that I helped inspire you all to try this out. Keep me up to date on your progress and feel free to ask if you have any questions.
---
#37Tha_JokaPosted 5/23/2014 7:21:17 PM
Uproar2099 posted...
Tha_Joka posted...

Over the last month and a half I've settled on a rotation of MOSSA Fight 1, MOSSA Abs 1, P90X Shoulders and Arms and P90X Plyometrics.

I occasionally work in some others, but those are the main workouts I rotate through. I don't do more than 1 per day.
I just "Aced" MOSSA Fight 1 so I'm probably going to start rotating in MOSSA Fight 2 and I'm thinking of trying out the Insanity workouts at some point.

I used to do insanity about 2 years ago and it was a beast, lol! Congrats tc, by doing something positive for yourself you have inadvertently motivated and inspired others to do things as we'll! That's is what it is all about!
---
Come on cuh...
-Chris Smoove