What is one exclusive that would make Xbox One win this gen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What is one exclusive that would make Xbox One win this gen?
2 years ago#1
Half Life 3
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89///PS4, X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
2 years ago#2
That horse is already out of the barn.

On the other note, at this point I'm not sure I want to see Half Life 3. There's nowhere that Valve can really go to innovate in the FPS genre like they did with Half Life 1 and 2, and Episode 2 of HL2 kinda showed Valve running out of ideas. At this point, everything that they could have done someone else has already done better.
2 years ago#3
Kotor
2 years ago#4
No game can ever "win a gen".

Kolanifv posted...
At this point, everything that they could have done someone else has already done better.

Wtf
2 years ago#5
Knack 2: Electric Boogaloo
2 years ago#6
Titanfall! Oh wait that didn't happen.
Microsoft on core gamers: "Sweaty 30 Year Olds In Metallica T-shirts"
2 years ago#7
AngelClawz posted...
No game can ever "win a gen".

Kolanifv posted...
At this point, everything that they could have done someone else has already done better.

Wtf

Half Life 2 was only mindblowing because it did so much stuff that nothing had done before. If you were to go back and play Half Life 2 for the first time after playing modern FPSes like Dishonored or Bioshock, there's nothing that's that special in Half Life 2. It is a great game, but a lot of what made it great is that no one had done it before.

What is there left to do in a FPS? There's not that many places you can go with the genre now that hasn't already been done. If you have ideas, please share. I mean, they could give Gordon a portal gun, but even that's been done in Portal 1 and 2.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#9
Fallout 4

Or just make halo 5 ground breaking again
770 gtx PC, Xbox One, Wii U, Nvidia Shield, PS Vita
2 years ago#10
Kolanifv posted...
Half Life 2 was only mindblowing because it did so much stuff that nothing had done before.

It also did even the traditional aspects of the genre extremely well. They also created a great story and characters that have no conclusion. Wouldnt u like to see a conclusion?

What is there left to do in a FPS?

If you or I knew that we would probably be industry leaders.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What is one exclusive that would make Xbox One win this gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived