Why doesn't Microsft make Netflix free NOW?

#21mokmuudPosted 5/24/2014 12:00:35 PM
DojoMax posted...
mokmuud posted...
DojoMax posted...
MS charges for Netflix?

For the time being they do.

Don't be stupid. They don't charge you anything for Netflix.

Well you have to subscribe to gold to use Netflix. So in essence you have to pay MS to use Netflix.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#22clownbrowniesPosted 5/24/2014 4:00:15 PM(edited)
fan360 posted...
clownbrownies posted...
You still pay for netflix ya know, you just wont need gold to use it.

Exactly. Just remove the paywall.

It is only 1 line of code.
Change "if (user == gold), run netflix", to "if (1), run netflix".

Even an intern can do it.

Itl be in june calm the hell down. Its suprising they are even doing it at all you brat.
#23theos666Posted 5/24/2014 4:05:15 PM
Quote:MS really shoot them selves in the foot with their short sighted, money-centric decisions.

I have a PS3 and a 360 and I used to play my 360 more. But having Netflix behind a paywall made my decision to have the PS3 set up in the living room.

Over the past three years, I haven't turned on my 360 once as a result and have gone on to spend a whole heap of money on my Sony console, including PS+, indi games and huge backlog of classic titles.

I can only imagine how many other similar cases there are. Moral, respect your customer base.

@bailer4life

Well I pay for the ability to play online. Even though I don't play online much. Getting Netflix streaming to my tv was a bonus. I won't be canceling my Gold because streaming services are available for Silver now.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.14
#24TheeLeehamPosted 5/24/2014 4:08:36 PM
fan360 posted...
clownbrownies posted...
You still pay for netflix ya know, you just wont need gold to use it.

Exactly. Just remove the paywall.

It is only 1 line of code.
Change "if (user == gold), run netflix", to "if (1), run netflix".

Even an intern can do it.

An intern would have known to use their semi colons.
#25bailer4lifePosted 5/24/2014 5:03:15 PM
theos666 posted...
Quote:MS really shoot them selves in the foot with their short sighted, money-centric decisions.

I have a PS3 and a 360 and I used to play my 360 more. But having Netflix behind a paywall made my decision to have the PS3 set up in the living room.

Over the past three years, I haven't turned on my 360 once as a result and have gone on to spend a whole heap of money on my Sony console, including PS+, indi games and huge backlog of classic titles.

I can only imagine how many other similar cases there are. Moral, respect your customer base.

@bailer4life

Well I pay for the ability to play online. Even though I don't play online much. Getting Netflix streaming to my tv was a bonus. I won't be canceling my Gold because streaming services are available for Silver now.

I and many others don't always want the gold service. There is literally no other provider of Netfilx that enforce a pay wall. It's greedy and short sighted and has ultimately hurt MS in the long run.
---
FC: 0259 0388 1998.
Sabrina, don't Just Stare At It. Eat It.
#26Miiri0Posted 5/24/2014 7:58:36 PM
They have not done screwing with early adopters with no gold yet. They probably gauging how low they can go with those loyal early adopters.
#27HorridhalPosted 5/24/2014 8:02:24 PM
Killah Priest posted...
WELL WE CAN'T JUST FLIP A SWITCH AND MAKE NETFLIX FREE

Lol.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#28raddicussPosted 5/24/2014 10:20:06 PM
You spoiled, little brats.
---
Everyday's great at your Junes.
PSN: Raddicuss
#29Spetsnaz420Posted 5/24/2014 11:15:20 PM
Would be interesting if MS teamed up with Netflix so streaming from an xbox is free as long as they are gold subbed...
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#30Foreign ObjectsPosted 5/25/2014 1:57:44 AM
It's not coming at e3, it's coming in the next dashboard update.
---
etc