X1 w. Kinect for $400?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 5/25/2014 10:15:51 AM
I'm not sure how legit this is, but if true, this could be awesome for some http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/694713-you-can-get-an-xbox-one-with-kinect-for-399-right-now
---
FML
#2uniquebadgerPosted 5/25/2014 10:26:41 AM
This is what they should have done from the start to remain competitive.
#3MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 10:32:30 AM
uniquebadger posted...

Include Kinect with the X1 for that price? Wouldn't that mean that they would lose a lot of money on it, like Sony did with ps3?
---
FML
#4Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 5/25/2014 10:34:56 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

Include Kinect with the X1 for that price? Wouldn't that mean that they would lose a lot of money on it, like Sony did with ps3?

which is why they should have just scrapped the kinect from the get-go
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 10:40:10 AM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

If they did, then X1 wouldn't be much different from ps4. It'd be the same thing as usual. Every generation. More powerful hardware, and that's it. My guess. If Sony doesn't collapse and release a PS5, it will be more powerful than ps4, and that's it.
---
FML
#6uniquebadgerPosted 5/25/2014 10:45:51 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

True they would have lost money, but they could have found a way to either make it up. Or consider it an investment to get the kinect out there. They over estimated the desire their customers had for spending an extra $100 for the peripheral when they could just get the PS4 for cheaper.

I keep seeing these garbage articles on how the consumer is stifling innovation by not wanting the kinect, but i think the truth is most people just don't care enough to spend the extra money when they have a cheaper system available to buy for games.

It was very short sighted on MS part and now they are trying to compete when PS already has far higher sales and better PR for a system that people are calling weaker.
#7kyncaniPosted 5/25/2014 10:47:16 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

If they did, then X1 wouldn't be much different from ps4. It'd be the same thing as usual. Every generation. More powerful hardware, and that's it. My guess. If Sony doesn't collapse and release a PS5, it will be more powerful than ps4, and that's it.

So you don't see any hope for the new Xbox One bundle ?

Well I guess that's it then. Congratulation Sony, the new Xbox One bundle is hopeless.
#8uniquebadgerPosted 5/25/2014 10:51:23 AM
kyncani posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

Well I guess that's it then. Congratulation Sony, the new Xbox One bundle is hopeless.

I wouldn't call it hopeless, but i would say it is happening kind of late with a bunch of bad PR. XBOX will still sell, but probably not nearly as well overall as it could have if they wouldn't have screwed up at the start.
#9MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2014 11:12:07 AM
kyncani posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
uniquebadger posted...

I'm saying that I personally don't think there was a need for this move. I was all for MS' vision when X1 was announced. Now, damn near all of it is gone thanks to very vocal "gamers". At least I can rest assured that Kinect will get some support, since roughly 5 million people have it. But this whole argument has been done to death. I'm sure most would disagree. At the same time, I've see many articles that agree with me.
---
FML
#10FaithInAllPosted 5/25/2014 11:18:56 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to be able to price match this at a big retailer like Best Buy or Walmart? Not all that interested in kinect, but this is a pretty good deal.
---
Gt/PSN/Steam: Vyeren
http://i.imgur.com/dWKzxAk.jpg