Gamers who hate games?

#1leatheljPosted 5/31/2014 7:45:53 PM(edited)
It really does seem that way a lot of times I don't know if it's trolling or not but it just seems there are gamers who hate games and are constantly negative. Most recent ones were watchdogs and even sunset over drive they hate every thing it's happening with destiny to. It could just be this board it's rather poisoned but I'm not sure I need a second OPNION. I just want to ask why? Why do you hate every new game? Why so negative? Some of the excuses I heard was if looks similar to other games which is a weak reason to hate a game IMO. I am not saying praise it but at least give it a chance before you down right hate it.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#2Foxx3kPosted 5/31/2014 7:47:00 PM
I'm a gamer that hates gamers. Is that close enough?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3EastCoastKodyPosted 5/31/2014 7:47:56 PM
Watch Dogs looks cool....Sunset Overdrive looks cool.

I don't see what other ppl see in Destiny.

i don't think it looks new, innovative, original or interesting.
#4BroBrahFettPosted 5/31/2014 7:48:51 PM
Well, other people invading your game and limited multiplayer options is a reason that I'm saving my money and will not be blowing it on Watch Dogs anytime soon.
#5leathelj(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 7:51:24 PM
Foxx3k posted...

Ehhhhhhh? Ok I guess you hate other gamers not really what I asked tho.
---
#6leathelj(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 7:56:04 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
Watch Dogs looks cool....Sunset Overdrive looks cool.

I don't see what other ppl see in Destiny.

i don't think it looks new, innovative, original or interesting.

Hey your opnion I accept that. But why not give it a chance? I mean do you hate it? You didnt put hate I'm just asking tho.
---
#7Foxx3kPosted 5/31/2014 7:58:25 PM
leathelj posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Ehhhhhhh? Ok I guess you hate other gamers not really what I asked tho.

It's only one letter off. :(
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8_Doomguy_Posted 5/31/2014 8:00:53 PM
Is because they're those type of "Gaming is dead and nothing beats the 90's/early 2000 era of videogames" people.
#9AzaneAzerPosted 5/31/2014 8:07:04 PM(edited)
I hate the direction the gaming industry has been going for the last few years.
Ever since DLC and DRM started being popular, I've been pretty negative towards the main "evil" companies.

As far as pure game hatred, I hate the Madden and Call of Duty type automatization that have hurt innovation, seeing record breaking numbers for roster updates and 60$ map packs disguised as sequels, I'll be negative towards anything that ties up companies that had the ingenuity to develop their games to be so good, but stagnated when (Maddens case) competition disappears, or when you reach a community that doesn't care about your game's quality.

I also hate games like Titanfall that Hype themselves to death, Even if the game was better than Call of Duty with some mechwarrior, it wouldn't live up to the hype no matter what, to the point that it hurt the games overall release, especially being an online only game, it's impossible to ignore the hype machine and how the community dropped off so fast.

_Doomguy_ posted...
Is because they're those type of "Gaming is dead and nothing beats the 90's/early 2000 era of videogames" people.

Part of the digital revolution brought us Payed Beta Testing.

I havent seen many games come out in the last 5 years that have been real games, they have all been buggy beta test messes, and it drives me insane when people defend the practice, especially since open beta tests being such a popular thing, mean that beta testing becomes super cheap, as only server maintenance and bandwidth distribution become a thing, when 20 years ago, you needed an entire set of in house testers who were paid decently well for their job. Nowadays, we get games that barely run without being patched, having an xbox360 with a fried ethernet port made me realize how much even console developers rely on "We'll fix it later" attitudes.

Quality assurance is pretty much dead for gaming right now, and it's a big point for people to be downers on, because gaming isn't a super cheap hobby overall.
#10leathelj(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2014 8:16:24 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
I hate the direction the gaming industry has been going for the last few years.
Ever since DLC and DRM started being popular, I've been pretty negative towards the main "evil" companies.

As far as pure game hatred, I hate the Madden and Call of Duty type automatization that have hurt innovation, seeing record breaking numbers for roster updates and 60$ map packs disguised as sequels, I'll be negative towards anything that ties up companies that had the ingenuity to develop their games to be so good, but stagnated when (Maddens case) competition disappears, or when you reach a community that doesn't care about your game's quality.

I also hate games like Titanfall that Hype themselves to death, Even if the game was better than Call of Duty with some mechwarrior, it wouldn't live up to the hype no matter what, to the point that it hurt the games overall release, especially being an online only game, it's impossible to ignore the hype machine and how the community dropped off so fast.

_Doomguy_ posted...

Part of the digital revolution brought us Payed Beta Testing.

I havent seen many games come out in the last 5 years that have been real games, they have all been buggy beta test messes, and it drives me insane when people defend the practice, especially since open beta tests being such a popular thing, mean that beta testing becomes super cheap, as only server maintenance and bandwidth distribution become a thing, when 20 years ago, you needed an entire set of in house testers who were paid decently well for their job. Nowadays, we get games that barely run without being patched, having an xbox360 with a fried ethernet port made me realize how much even console developers rely on "We'll fix it later" attitudes.

Quality assurance is pretty much dead for gaming right now, and it's a big point for people to be downers on, because gaming isn't a super cheap hobby overall.

Ok. I agree with most of that I see where your coming from EXCEPT for the Titan fall hype part. I don't understand how others hypeing the game affects you cause your OPNION is the only one that matters in the end. Titanfall devs didn't do any thing no other dev would have did. They showed game play and trailers it's the fans that hype stuff to the max cause if I listen to ppl who hype stuff and not get that game cause it's hyped I would have nearly no games it's like your saying if it's popular it's automatically bad. I just think not getting a game cause it's being "hyped" by others is fairly stupid IMO. Also Titan fall is very popular what are you talking about? This board does not represent every thing.
---