Gamers who hate games?

#31RagnoraokPosted 6/6/2014 3:00:20 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
I hate the direction the gaming industry has been going for the last few years.
Ever since DLC and DRM started being popular, I've been pretty negative towards the main "evil" companies.

As far as pure game hatred, I hate the Madden and Call of Duty type automatization that have hurt innovation, seeing record breaking numbers for roster updates and 60$ map packs disguised as sequels, I'll be negative towards anything that ties up companies that had the ingenuity to develop their games to be so good, but stagnated when (Maddens case) competition disappears, or when you reach a community that doesn't care about your game's quality.

I also hate games like Titanfall that Hype themselves to death, Even if the game was better than Call of Duty with some mechwarrior, it wouldn't live up to the hype no matter what, to the point that it hurt the games overall release, especially being an online only game, it's impossible to ignore the hype machine and how the community dropped off so fast.

_Doomguy_ posted...
Is because they're those type of "Gaming is dead and nothing beats the 90's/early 2000 era of videogames" people.

Part of the digital revolution brought us Payed Beta Testing.

I havent seen many games come out in the last 5 years that have been real games, they have all been buggy beta test messes, and it drives me insane when people defend the practice, especially since open beta tests being such a popular thing, mean that beta testing becomes super cheap, as only server maintenance and bandwidth distribution become a thing, when 20 years ago, you needed an entire set of in house testers who were paid decently well for their job. Nowadays, we get games that barely run without being patched, having an xbox360 with a fried ethernet port made me realize how much even console developers rely on "We'll fix it later" attitudes.

Quality assurance is pretty much dead for gaming right now, and it's a big point for people to be downers on, because gaming isn't a super cheap hobby overall.

Its like this poster is reading a page from my manifesto.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#32RagnoraokPosted 6/6/2014 3:06:51 PM
KOOGAR posted...
The industry tries everything to make us hate games:
DLC, way too long intros/tutorials, dull and generic sequels, and all that milking, milking, milking, milking, .......

That's why I spent more time playing SNES games than current gen.

yep. That is why I play arcade/psn games, particularly the cheap $10 so that I can get a quick fix without wasting a ton of money. Lately I have been playing a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh Millennium Duels and Magic 2014, and the great thing is that these games have a ton of content for $10. The last instances where I bought a game for near $60 (Killzone 3, Vanilla Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Vanilla Injustice, and Assassin's Creed Black Flag) I was royally screwed over and disappointed. Plus, you cannot forget the scandal with Aliens Colonial Marines. The worst part is that all of these games were way hyped up, even after their release. I guess you just can't trust games or gamers nowadays....
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.