Too many racing games this year?

#11MixorzPosted 6/3/2014 8:09:52 AM
I don't buy into the notion that there can be too many of a certain type of game. Certain genres are more popular than others no doubt, but no one is making anyone buy them. There can be 100 racing games, but I don't have to own any.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Currently Playing: Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls II
#12kennyynnooPosted 6/3/2014 8:14:22 AM
Grids last gen only. They said long ago that this gen Might be racer heavy and as a fan I love it.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#13EllesarienPosted 6/3/2014 8:17:00 AM(edited)
mattglosbcfc posted...
I love racing games.
You also forgot the inevitable F1 game. Which I will certainly be buying.

Not much of a fan of Forza Horizon. Dont get the point of open world, and its just too arcadey.
I like simulations, would rather see some Forza 6 then Horizon 2.

I have been waiting for news about Codemasters F1 2015 for the X1 every day since launch. Can't wait!!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#14ave1Posted 6/3/2014 8:27:40 AM
Need More Racing Games!!!
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#15youngskillz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2014 1:36:19 AM
lol yeah i just hope i can play most of them.

forza vs driveclub this fall.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#16Mister_FreshPosted 6/4/2014 4:59:44 AM
I don't care for realistic sims. I want arcade racing games like Ridge Racer, Outrun and Daytona to come back.
---
3DS Friend Code - 3411 - 0360 - 6459
IGN - Fraz
#17kennyynnooPosted 6/4/2014 5:15:43 AM(edited)
youngskillz posted...
lol yeah i just hope i can play most of them.

forza vs driveclub this fall.

I don't think driveclub has a chance, forza horizon is open world.Driveclub is point to point and circuit racing, it's why I went to xbox as a racing fan, there are to many point to point circuit racers in the past and they get boring fast. Grid later this month on the 360 will satisfy me there.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
#18sammogardPosted 6/4/2014 5:19:30 AM
the crew and drive club look as bad as any need for speed game.

horizon is a good balance of realsim and some arcadey fun if you want it. if they adding tuning it will be interesting to see how it plays out and well its done.

people who hate forza make me upset because its clearly far better then any other REAL RACER. when you play a racing game you are suppose to go faster around the track not just hold gas and barley touch the brake or left stick
#19kennyynnooPosted 6/4/2014 5:32:21 AM
sammogard posted...
the crew and drive club look as bad as any need for speed game.

horizon is a good balance of realsim and some arcadey fun if you want it. if they adding tuning it will be interesting to see how it plays out and well its done.

people who hate forza make me upset because its clearly far better then any other REAL RACER. when you play a racing game you are suppose to go faster around the track not just hold gas and barley touch the brake or left stick

People who hate forza either never played it, hate racing or are obsessive Sony fanboys. The first forza was a little hard to handle if I recall but they fixed it and it's blowing the doors off Gran Turismo now. Horizon has potential to be the best racing game ever if they just add to the original rather then change to much. I'm a little curious how driving around and see a car parked and getting into it to just drive works. Guess we will know more next week.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii