Things you'd change about the X1 via firmware updates.

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 6/3/2014 12:34:50 PM
Got 3 to start things off.

Installing

I won't say that there has to be a better way, because I know there is. The PS4 install system is both far far faster and can be done in sleep. Installing on the X1 is time consuming to say the least.

Custom voice commands

Why can't we go into the settings and record new commands? I don't mean make new actions, that'd require coding. But say you're sick of saying "XBOX console off" and having it never work (I have seriously yet to get it to register my command for this).

Why can't I select it, record my new command and finally start using Kinect to its fullest, as commands would then work for me?

Even if people are worried it may screw things up, they could have a default option so if you did mess it up (say a dog barked) then it'd reset the command back to "XBOX, console off"

They could also bring up (to increase accuracy) 3 clarifications for you to do, like "say your new command normally, now quickly, now slowly". Or "say it happily, now upset, say it angrily" etc... Because I doubt anyone ever says a command the exact same way twice in a row.

They could even let us remove XBOX as an option and people could start calling the XBOX by a name, be it nickname or real name. "Dan, snap party"

Demo's

The best thing ever with the 360 for me, was that every indie tite had a demo, often times multi launched games would have the demo on Live but none on the PSN. I've already noticed quite a few are lacking demo's, this is both annoying and a step backwards.
---
Proud PSWii60One4U3DVitaPC owner. In short, while I have my favourites, I ain't a fanboy or hater to either.
#2Marc101211Posted 6/3/2014 12:41:50 PM
I want Netflix, hulu party chats where a group of buddies can watch the same show over the Internet. Plus with Skype as snap it makes it even better
#3SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/3/2014 12:49:40 PM(edited)
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
Got 3 to start things off.

Installing

I won't say that there has to be a better way, because I know there is. The PS4 install system is both far far faster and can be done in sleep. Installing on the X1 is time consuming to say the least.

Custom voice commands

Why can't we go into the settings and record new commands? I don't mean make new actions, that'd require coding. But say you're sick of saying "XBOX console off" and having it never work (I have seriously yet to get it to register my command for this).

Why can't I select it, record my new command and finally start using Kinect to its fullest, as commands would then work for me?

Even if people are worried it may screw things up, they could have a default option so if you did mess it up (say a dog barked) then it'd reset the command back to "XBOX, console off"

They could also bring up (to increase accuracy) 3 clarifications for you to do, like "say your new command normally, now quickly, now slowly". Or "say it happily, now upset, say it angrily" etc... Because I doubt anyone ever says a command the exact same way twice in a row.

They could even let us remove XBOX as an option and people could start calling the XBOX by a name, be it nickname or real name. "Dan, snap party"

Demo's

The best thing ever with the 360 for me, was that every indie tite had a demo, often times multi launched games would have the demo on Live but none on the PSN. I've already noticed quite a few are lacking demo's, this is both annoying and a step backwards.

The command isn't "xbox console off", its "xbox turn off". Probably why it has yet to work for you.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#4DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 12:50:56 PM
Marc101211 posted...
I want Netflix, hulu party chats where a group of buddies can watch the same show over the Internet. Plus with Skype as snap it makes it even better

I've thought this for a while, but with DVD's and BR's.

It would be really cool if you could invite to a party and stream it to buds.

It'd be an extension of lending a new film to a mate, the amount of times I've bought a film on release and lent the DVD straight out while I watched the BR...
---
Proud PSWii60One4U3DVitaPC owner. In short, while I have my favourites, I ain't a fanboy or hater to either.
#5DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 12:55:00 PM(edited)
SupaflyGibson posted...

The command isn't "xbox console off", its "xbox turn off". Probably why it has yet to work for you.

Tried that too, but when I hold the XB button, it comes up console off/controller off.

Also the one time an off command has worked on my system was my elder brother saying "console off".

I suppose I'll persist with "turn off" now instead of the other.
---
#6SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/3/2014 1:09:11 PM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...

Tried that too, but when I hold the XB button, it comes up console off/controller off.

Also the one time an off command has worked on my system was my elder brother saying "console off".

Well the only way I turn my box off is "Xbox turn off", then "yes" because it asks if im sure. Has to be the same for yours. Its confusing that the command for turning on your box is "Xbox on" and not "Xbox turn on"?I don't get why they'd make mirror commands different. For the longest time I was trying "xbox turn on" and just thought it didn't work lol.

It would be awesome to have custom commands but something tells me voice commands are too complicated for that currently.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#7DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 2:37:52 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...

Well the only way I turn my box off is "Xbox turn off", then "yes" because it asks if im sure. Has to be the same for yours. Its confusing that the command for turning on your box is "Xbox on" and not "Xbox turn on"?I don't get why they'd make mirror commands different. For the longest time I was trying "xbox turn on" and just thought it didn't work lol.

It would be awesome to have custom commands but something tells me voice commands are too complicated for that currently.

Well turn off has now worked, but I swear down, I was with him when console off worked, it's why I kept trying it.
---