79% Of Gamers Say They Won't Buy Cheaper X1

#101RagnoraokPosted 6/6/2014 1:57:48 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
zinsindetta posted...
PuffPuffPastor posted...
Microsoft really has balls to expect us to buy a console thats weaker than its competition for the same price.

Even more so to think we would have bought it when it was more expensive because of a stupid gimmick.

"B-but the exclusives!" I find it funny that most of the xbone exclusives released up until now have been deemed as nothing that special by reviews.

Yeah how could a weaker system ever win?

Sincerely,
Nintendo

Could you point out exactly when Nintendo was selling their weaker system at the same price?

I don't think that has ever happpened, except maybe with the Gamecube. Anyways, that it beside the point, since Nintendo has always been successful selling weaker consoles with gimmicks.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#102darkstar4221Posted 6/6/2014 2:46:38 PM(edited)
Ragnoraok posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
didn't Microsoft lose plenty of sales and lots of exclusives when they increased the cost of XBL gold?

They need to seriously reduce the cost of XBL gold. Most people don't care about the discounts, but to pay $5 a month (or is it $6?) just to play against someone on COD online is stupid.

$10 a year just to play against your friends online would be reasonable.

what? I could be wrong, but isn't that the same for psn? Its worth $60 a year since the exp is vastly superior to psn. $10 a year would be a ridiculous price for MS to charge customers, and I am cheap as hell.

MS can do something like $10 a year (silver) just to use the multi-player feature online or $5 a month (gold) with discounts.

$5 a month just so you can play your buddies online in CoD is an obvious rip-off. Do I need to pay a monthly fee on the PC just so I can play my buddies on Starcraft 2 or LoL online? No. This is not even getting into reducing the cost of the games and system, just simply the online service, and that's asking too much? I don't get it.
#103SoulTrapperPosted 6/6/2014 11:52:51 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
zinsindetta posted...
PuffPuffPastor posted...
Microsoft really has balls to expect us to buy a console thats weaker than its competition for the same price.

Even more so to think we would have bought it when it was more expensive because of a stupid gimmick.

"B-but the exclusives!" I find it funny that most of the xbone exclusives released up until now have been deemed as nothing that special by reviews.

Sincerely,
Nintendo

Could you point out exactly when Nintendo was selling their weaker system at the same price?

I don't think that has ever happpened, except maybe with the Gamecube. Anyways, that it beside the point, since Nintendo has always been successful selling weaker consoles with gimmicks.

I don't think that's beside the point at all.

Gamecube was actually more powerful than PS2 and xbox.

The reason Nintendo was successful in selling those weaker consoles with gimmicks, is in large part due to the fact that it always sold at a lower price.
Which is what PuffPuffs point was: MS is trying to sell the weaker console at the same price.
#104RagnoraokPosted 6/8/2014 10:33:58 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
didn't Microsoft lose plenty of sales and lots of exclusives when they increased the cost of XBL gold?

They need to seriously reduce the cost of XBL gold. Most people don't care about the discounts, but to pay $5 a month (or is it $6?) just to play against someone on COD online is stupid.

$10 a year just to play against your friends online would be reasonable.

what? I could be wrong, but isn't that the same for psn? Its worth $60 a year since the exp is vastly superior to psn. $10 a year would be a ridiculous price for MS to charge customers, and I am cheap as hell.

MS can do something like $10 a year (silver) just to use the multi-player feature online or $5 a month (gold) with discounts.

$5 a month just so you can play your buddies online in CoD is an obvious rip-off. Do I need to pay a monthly fee on the PC just so I can play my buddies on Starcraft 2 or LoL online? No. This is not even getting into reducing the cost of the games and system, just simply the online service, and that's asking too much? I don't get it.

I am pretty sure psn has the same deal, except that the quality is worse. Also, if ppl are willing to shell out $60 for a new game and an additional &15--30 for a dlc pass, then I am sure they can afford $60 a year. IMO, you are completely blowing ALL of this out of proportion.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#105RagnoraokPosted 6/8/2014 10:36:00 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
zinsindetta posted...
PuffPuffPastor posted...

Sincerely,
Nintendo

I don't think that's beside the point at all.

Gamecube was actually more powerful than PS2 and xbox.

The reason Nintendo was successful in selling those weaker consoles with gimmicks, is in large part due to the fact that it always sold at a lower price.
Which is what PuffPuffs point was: MS is trying to sell the weaker console at the same price.

Hmm, now I get what you guys are saying. The high price was supposed to be justified with the Kinect in mind, but since MS renege on that relationship, then it is kind of silly to charge the same amount of money for a gimped console. If they made the X1 with the Kinect $400, then it would be better.
---
#106BloodyDove2vs(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 10:43:46 AM
The sells of the X1 are absolutely dreadful.(post launch day) Perhaps a Kinect-less version won't become the favorite of the month either.
---
"the sourness of 720/900p resolutions" XB1M13 < shazbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#107XtremeWRATH360Posted 6/8/2014 10:57:10 AM
There's no reason to buy an XB1 at this moment. Only game I would play is KI3 might have tried DR3 but that's coming to PC now. Probably once the Halo collection comes out I might consider.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#108RagnoraokPosted 6/8/2014 11:05:50 AM
BloodyDove2vs posted...
The sells of the X1 are absolutely dreadful.(post launch day) Perhaps a Kinect-less version won't become the favorite of the month either.

really, or are you exaggerating? And no, not selling as well as your competitor =/= doing dreadful.
---
#109Tajaz2426Posted 6/8/2014 11:14:35 AM(edited)
Ragnoraok posted...
BloodyDove2vs posted...

really, or are you exaggerating? And no, not selling as well as your competitor =/= doing dreadful.

Hey barely broke a 100k in April,before that they barley broke 200k. If you extrapolate that over a year, that is around 2 million consoles a year and 20 million consoles for a decade.

So, yes since launch and Christmas, the sales have been horrid. They haven't broke 400k in a month since then. However, the new SKU will hopefully boost strong sales.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#110chedibang1994Posted 6/8/2014 11:18:00 AM(edited)
BloodyDove2vs posted...
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/79-Gamers-Say-They-Won-t-Buy-Cheaper-399-Xbox-One-64455.html

This could get ugly..

Were you failed was that votes were not even in thousand why didn't you tell us that
---
Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming and it looks as if I'm getting the xbox one version...but that controller though!