One thing I love about the XB1 that no one talks much about

#1Rome218Posted 6/4/2014 2:21:23 AM(edited)
With the autosave, my game also leaves off right where I end. If I am in the middle of a boss fight, I can turn off my xb1 and the next day, when I load it up, I will start at that boss fight.

This has been great with Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs. How many years did we have to put up with other methods to quickly load? We used to use passcodes, memory cards, and of course we still use harddrive to store our information.

However, it is nice to pause a game, launch netflix, watch a movie, and go right back to where I left off in the game. I see no reason to manually quit a game unless you plan to put another one in the tray.
#2Synyster18Posted 6/4/2014 2:19:41 AM
I agree, it's a nice feature. Multi-tasking is such a nice addition to this generation of consoles. You can manually quit the games by pressing the view (back/select) button once at the dashboard by selecting the option to do so.
---
GT - Synyster Khaos
#3pblimp360Posted 6/4/2014 2:32:40 AM
Oh, I agree 100%, Rome. It to me is one of this systems best features. Me and my nephew were just talking this earlier.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#4kingbahamut83Posted 6/4/2014 2:42:28 AM
Synyster18 posted...
I agree, it's a nice feature. Multi-tasking is such a nice addition to this generation of consoles. You can manually quit the games by pressing the view (back/select) button once at the dashboard by selecting the option to do so.

Do you mean it instantly quits with the view button? Or confusing it with the menu (start) button?
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#5crynryanPosted 6/4/2014 2:52:17 AM
Rome218 posted...
We used to use passcodes

The funny thing about passwords and such back from the NES days, is that the reason they were so long (most of the time) is that you were actually typing in the compressed data that was the actual data in the RAM. Depending on the encryption and compression values used for each game, the passwords would be longer/shorter. When you requested a password (or whenever the password was shown), the game would just run through the RAM at the that time and give you the compressed version.

'Course, we could still do that today. You'd just be typing in hundreds of characters.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#6nableetPosted 6/4/2014 2:56:36 AM
Yup, I love this feature of my PS Vita. Not sure how I ever got by without it! All those games I would try and slog to the next save point whilst the wife looked on with great disapproval are gone!
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#7MurryEB_Alt1Posted 6/4/2014 5:52:38 AM
crynryan posted...
Rome218 posted...
We used to use passcodes

The funny thing about passwords and such back from the NES days, is that the reason they were so long (most of the time) is that you were actually typing in the compressed data that was the actual data in the RAM. Depending on the encryption and compression values used for each game, the passwords would be longer/shorter. When you requested a password (or whenever the password was shown), the game would just run through the RAM at the that time and give you the compressed version.

'Course, we could still do that today. You'd just be typing in hundreds of characters.

That's extremely interesting, idk why I've never thought of that, now it seems pretty obvious. Thanks for the FYI
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#8SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/4/2014 6:09:02 AM
My favorite feature so far is "Xbox record that". I've been playing a lot of Killer Instinct lately and this feature makes recording awesome moments so easy.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#9endoflistPosted 6/4/2014 6:35:47 AM
So... silly question but how does autosave work? Do you mean if you press the home button and turn off the system and turn it back on it will return you to the exact point you pressed the home button?
I'm so used to using the game's menu versus the system.
#10Synyster18Posted 6/4/2014 8:41:34 AM
kingbahamut83 posted...
Synyster18 posted...

Do you mean it instantly quits with the view button? Or confusing it with the menu (start) button?

Once you press that button at the dashboard (after highlighting the game pin) a menu will pop up and the option to "quit game" should be there.
---
GT - Synyster Khaos