One thing I love about the XB1 that no one talks much about

#11regsantotomasPosted 6/4/2014 7:47:11 AM
crynryan posted...
Rome218 posted...
We used to use passcodes

The funny thing about passwords and such back from the NES days, is that the reason they were so long (most of the time) is that you were actually typing in the compressed data that was the actual data in the RAM. Depending on the encryption and compression values used for each game, the passwords would be longer/shorter. When you requested a password (or whenever the password was shown), the game would just run through the RAM at the that time and give you the compressed version.

'Course, we could still do that today. You'd just be typing in hundreds of characters.

Great. Now I am having PTSD about incorrectly or illegibly writing the Kid Icarus code. "Wait it's not loading! Is that an 's' or a 5. Is that an I or an l?" *Rrrraaaaaaaaage*
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#12dclownprincePosted 6/4/2014 7:50:01 AM
endoflist posted...
So... silly question but how does autosave work? Do you mean if you press the home button and turn off the system and turn it back on it will return you to the exact point you pressed the home button?
I'm so used to using the game's menu versus the wesystem.

well you can't turn it 'off' it has a standby mode. Which I think is pretty cool. The xbox is in a sleep mode so when I turn it on it automatically boots up in 2-3 sec. And when I putmy game in it returns me to where I was before
---
Move or get moved on
#13RedFive3Posted 6/4/2014 7:55:36 AM
regsantotomas posted...
crynryan posted...
Rome218 posted...
We used to use passcodes

The funny thing about passwords and such back from the NES days, is that the reason they were so long (most of the time) is that you were actually typing in the compressed data that was the actual data in the RAM. Depending on the encryption and compression values used for each game, the passwords would be longer/shorter. When you requested a password (or whenever the password was shown), the game would just run through the RAM at the that time and give you the compressed version.

'Course, we could still do that today. You'd just be typing in hundreds of characters.

Great. Now I am having PTSD about incorrectly or illegibly writing the Kid Icarus code. "Wait it's not loading! Is that an 's' or a 5. Is that an I or an l?" *Rrrraaaaaaaaage*

The passcodes in Kid Icarus were the worst!
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#14Exodus_PrimePosted 6/4/2014 8:27:00 AM
Good point TC, another thing I really enjoy is if I want to take a break I boot up Netflix or Amazon video, come back to the game an hour later and it starts right where it left off....awesome.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#15Jiggy101011Posted 6/4/2014 8:36:11 AM
nableet posted...
Yup, I love this feature of my PS Vita. Not sure how I ever got by without it! All those games I would try and slog to the next save point whilst the wife looked on with great disapproval are gone!

"Hold on I have to get to the next save point otherwise I have to do that stupid battle again." And then we get that look, and we all know that look lol.

It is such a great feature, I love starting Watch Dogs back up from wherever I left off without having to go through the loading screens. As someone who switches back and forth daily between the 360 and the One, I wish the 360 had this feature.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, South Park: The Stick of Truth