Phil Spencer: June Xbox One Software Dev Kit...

#21SoulTrapperPosted 6/5/2014 1:47:35 PM
realyoshdawg posted...
According to Eurogamer MS confirmed the 10% increase in GPU resources is in fact due to the Kinect situation. Does anyone know what this means for all of us that have a Kinect system? I'm hoping this means it gives devs an option to disable Kinect when their game starts up so those resources are there. I'd hate to have to disconnect it just to get the same performance as Kinect-less systems.

Not trolling here, I'm genuinely curious how this is going to work out for all of us that own the system already.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-04-xbox-one-dev-kits-receive-more-gpu-bandwidth?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

No one really knows because no one really knows why kinect needed that constant 10% to begin with.
My guess is that it was just constantly gathering data for advertising purposes.

What will most likely happen now, is that that 10% won't be constantly reserved for kinect and that the kinect will only use what is needed for it to operate.

That said, I don't think a 10% increase is going to be very noticeable, if at all.
The problem with the xbox is the ESRAM, not the GPU.
#22left4breadFTWPosted 6/5/2014 1:52:59 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
TC you got me thinking I should look into it.

Go for it. Then send me your game to play. Ha.

You should. Think of how popular gaming is now compared to say 2005. It can only get more popular, think of all the moola and the fun you'd have.
---
Games I'm Looking Forward To - Persona 5, Persona Dancing All Night, Persona Arena 2, Uncharted 4, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Fatal Frame 5, DangaRonpa 2