Why do gamers want exclusives?

#1SupaflyGibsonPosted 6/5/2014 12:39:31 PM
Making a game exclusive does not benefit gamers at all. It only prevents more gamers from enjoying the game and allows for petty arguments like "ha my console has this and yours doesn't". Its even worse when a game loses exclusivity and people actually get upset. Your mad more people can play the game? Does that unjustify your purchase? I have an Xbox One and would not be upset in the least if KI or Titanfall went to the ps4…and this is the attitude any mature person should hold.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#2regsantotomasPosted 6/5/2014 12:41:12 PM
I only care about exclusives to the extent that it shows that a company is continuing to invest in their product. Otherwise, it doesn't matter all that much to me.

Besides, I have the capacity to buy another console that has a game I want bad enough.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#3LooksLikeRainPosted 6/5/2014 12:43:52 PM
Being aware that the PS4 has more power than the X1 for $100 cheaper(at launch), one of the biggest reasons I chose to trade in my PS4 is because I wanted X1s exclusives more. If they MS exclusives start going to to PS4, then it'd make me think I should've held on to the PS4. However, overall I like the X1 better, but some people pick a console for exclusives.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#4AzaneAzerPosted 6/5/2014 12:45:10 PM
I like exclusives a bit more, because they're designed specifically with that system's configuration, controller and Hardware in mind.

It's actually one of the weaknesses of PCs (I am one of the master race people that won't shut up about them), with all the different hardware configurations, you have a lot of less optimized games, especially when console ports hit, it's noticable for xbox or playstation titles as well, but not quite as obvious as Pc Ports that can have sweeping compatability issues.
#5Joey-ZazaPosted 6/5/2014 12:45:31 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Being aware that the PS4 has more power than the X1 for $100 cheaper(at launch), one of the biggest reasons I chose to trade in my PS4 is because I wanted X1s exclusives more. If they MS exclusives start going to to PS4, then it'd make me think I should've held on to the PS4. However, overall I like the X1 better, but some people pick a console for exclusives.

This, pretty much. There wouldn't be much of a reason to own an X1 without exclusives.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#6RuneweaverPosted 6/5/2014 12:46:49 PM
Because fanboys dont understand that we need multiple systems on the market,it keeps console and game prices down and pushes innovation,if Sony or Microsoft won and beat all the competition games would stagnate and prices would rise very quickly, look at Microsoft having to remove the paywall at the moment,if sony wasnt around they wouldnt be doing it.
#7yiangaruuugaPosted 6/5/2014 12:46:57 PM
When they are console exclusives, that means the devs can focus 100% of their vision, manpower, and creative prowess on that one game in order to make it the best game they can. They can fully optimize the game to get the best visuals and framerates, and listen to their fans comments and concerns. For example, the PS3 was pretty much lagging behind the 360 for 90% of last generation. However, The Last of US (once a PS3 exclusive) is arguably one of the best games of last generation.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix | PSN: xFrostxPhoenix
GSU Comp Sci C/O 2015 | XB1;360;PS4;N64;SNES
#8da_StoOgePosted 6/5/2014 12:50:40 PM
No exclusive means only one console and PC's. That means no competition. That means we get screwed over.
---
Well I'll be damned. Watch Dogs is quite good.
#9kingbahamut83Posted 6/5/2014 12:56:35 PM(edited)
I would rather extra content than exclusive games. An example is the elite suit in dead space 1 that which had a 360 color scheme or burnout revenge that had an Xbox 360 livery for one of the cars.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#10Ramsus082Posted 6/5/2014 12:56:17 PM
yiangaruuuga posted...
When they are console exclusives, that means the devs can focus 100% of their vision, manpower, and creative prowess on that one game in order to make it the best game they can. They can fully optimize the game to get the best visuals and framerates, and listen to their fans comments and concerns. For example, the PS3 was pretty much lagging behind the 360 for 90% of last generation. However, The Last of US (once a PS3 exclusive) is arguably one of the best games of last generation.

This.
---
"I don't care about this information, but I wanted to let all of my peers know that I don't care, because I like the attention and validation" - You