Why do gamers want exclusives?

#41CKnightPosted 6/6/2014 5:40:38 PM
sanjeust posted...
Gamers generally don't want exclusives, they just want to play the games. Although due to a delusional love for the product that they bought and the company they bought to, players can desire exclusives for their consoles.

Seeing all the arguments over resolution some gamers will find something to argue about regardless.
#42KushnPurpsPosted 6/6/2014 5:42:29 PM
the reaosn ppl want xbone exclusives is cuz every multiplat game is better on the ps4 in every way. the only reason to buy an xbone is exclusives
---
The_Q
#43CKnightPosted 6/6/2014 5:47:40 PM
KushnPurps posted...
the reaosn ppl want xbone exclusives is cuz every multiplat game is better on the ps4 in every way. the only reason to buy an xbone is exclusives

And preference. Even though I own a PS4 I still buy CoD and BF on the Xbox.

For the most part with me it's what gives me the overall better experience and not the resolution.
#44DarknessXSeekerPosted 6/6/2014 5:53:43 PM
Because Exclusives are the reason gamers choose which system they want to buy. If no games were exclusive there might as well be just one game system.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#45Wii_TruthPosted 6/6/2014 6:21:23 PM(edited)
Exclusives define console purchases. But yeah, it has turned into a pissing contest with fanboys...

Edit: Also it IS rational to be upset when your console of choice loses an exclusive. That might have been the deciding factor that made you choose your console over the other.
---
They see me trolling, they moddin' Patrolling, tryin' to catch me typing dirty
Trying to catch me typin' dirty. Trying to catch me typin' dirty.
#46Nice_RobbyPosted 6/6/2014 6:31:36 PM
There actually is a benefit. I have not read any comments besides OPs first bit anyways there is a benefit....

Exclusives are good because the game is built around just one piece of hardware. So they can take advantage of that systems best features.

Can you imagine how uncharted 2 would had ended up if it was multiplatform? How about halo 2? Ect.
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby