To People Who Own Both Systems..

#1MrRoamPosted 6/5/2014 6:32:38 PM
I'm thinking about selling my PS4 for an Xbox One..I feel in the end, it will have more useful apps, and plus my 74,000 GS is just sitting there in the dust. Gamestop has a pretty cool (for once) trade in for new consoles. So being seriously, does anyone with both see a difference with the PS4?
---
Mave
#2Dannyson97Posted 6/5/2014 6:37:25 PM
They are both about the same, PS4 multiplats will look slightly better, the biggest difference will be between exclusives.
---
I'm a Christian and proud!
DUCKS ROCK!
#3Tajaz2426Posted 6/5/2014 6:38:08 PM
My son has and Xbox One and my older son and I play on the PS4. You can tell the difference and most of the time gameplay can be smoother. My biggest issue is how dark the XBox picture is, but you can adjust the TV to change that.

However, he likes the Kinect and things of that nature. He know the games are somewhat different, but at 12 he doesn't know the difference that adults do. Mostly paying a 100 dollars more for less when it comes to multiplayer, doesn't enter his head as he didn't pay for it.

I personally would go with where your friends are, you also seem to like your GS. That gives you plenty of reasons to get the One. I like both consoles and think the after great. So, either one is a win win, bud.
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#4MrRoam(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2014 6:42:14 PM
I'm getting to wait till E3 to make my decision, but I think I will for sure make the trade move. I'm not really not feeling the PS4 exclusives (Only TLOU) while I have played every halo yet. We'll see, I guess!
---
Mave
#5teeebzPosted 6/5/2014 7:00:14 PM
Dannyson97 posted...
They are both about the same, PS4 multiplats will look slightly better, the biggest difference will be between exclusives.

This. I own both. Technically, I own 2 Xbox ones because my fiancée plays too and we are gears fanatics among other games like left 4 dead, halo once in awhile, etc.

Graphics are better on ps4 slightly. I have always preffered the xbox controller though along with the dashboard setup. In the end, it mainly comes down to exclusives. I also have hit over 100k gamerscore so I know how you feel.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#6james259Posted 6/5/2014 7:03:44 PM
Id wait until E3.

I'm going to let you in on a secret though. Had a PS4 at launch after maining my 360. It was fun at first and BF4 looked gorgeous. Also had Killzone which did not click with me at all.

After awhile I started to miss my GS and friends list. Also the controller. I cotemplated switching for like a month and realized Xbox had more exclusives coming out that I cared about.

Long story short I switched because I didn't have the money to own both. I'm very happy so far. I will admit BF4 does not look as good as the PS4 version but when I'm playing with friends I really don't care. Plus we get free games every month now which was my biggest regret about leaving PS4.

Call me stupid. I'll get a PS4 again in a year or two no doubt but I just thought I'd share so you don't feel like the only one ;)
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#7Foxx3kPosted 6/5/2014 7:08:27 PM
I prefer my PS4 but I play my Xbox One more.

I use my PS3 for apps because it's connected to my living room TV.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8TakushoPosted 6/5/2014 7:11:41 PM
I have both, and I have three PS4 games and one X1 game. Probably because everything else is on my PC, Wii U, or 360.

I wouldn't jump off the ship too early; I'd wait to see what is in store.
---
Current: FFXIV:ARR | AC:NL | Dark Souls 2 | MonHun3U | Pokemon X/Y | + More
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2867713/
#9TheCyborgNinjaPosted 6/5/2014 7:15:37 PM
(TL: DR = look at current/upcoming software, pick the system with the most appealing line-up. Also, wait until after E3 before you do anything)

I don't have both systems, just the Xbox One, but I don't think either is a bad choice. I was a die-hard Sony guy for years. I was actually the third pre-order for the PS4 at my local GS. At that point all I cared about was not having to worry about an always-online console. Even then, I thought that MS had the better launch software. Once the policy reversal happened, I thought for a bit then ended up changing my pre-order over to the Xbox One.

A lot of people were shocked and thought I was crazy, especially knowing how much I didn't like MS at the time. I reflected back on my 360/PS3 and Xbox/PS2 collections, and noticed I owned way more Sony exclusives, but never really played any of them for more than an hour. Meanwhile, I had a handful of MS exclusives I never tired of. Once that occurred to me, the only reasonable value proposition I had was to go with the Xbox One. It's where my money is better spent.

It's like an extremely attractive person you find totally boring versus a plain person you love doing stuff with. My question to you is: Which console is your boring attractive one and which is your satisfying plain one?
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#10quincy2000aPosted 6/5/2014 7:31:18 PM
First, wait till after E3.

Second, depending on how well you can see, you will see a difference between the X1 and the PS4.

A PS4 friend eyeballed me playing B4 and noticed a difference. We dragged my X1 to his house, then his PS4 back to my house where we compared the two using our different TVs. The difference bugged me so much, I bought a PS4. (Please note, most of the games I own are multiplatform games where I could compare the same game, not exclusives.)

It was just a visual thing that annoyed me. I'm not saying playing on the X1 hurt my eyes or anything crazy like that. I just wanted the best console presentation and the PS4 gives that to me.
---
"..I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions.." Phil S