Post a game series you used to dislike but gave a second chance and now love.

#1CaioNVPosted 6/6/2014 3:35:10 PM
Topic.
For me, Banjo-Kazooie. I've recently got the original one, and, wow, how did I ever say I dislike it, the game plays awesomely. It's literally a better Super Mario 64.
---
GRABBIN' PEELZ! http://i.imgur.com/LkSWXBA.jpg
#2Big FanPosted 6/6/2014 3:37:35 PM
Dark Souls. I rage quit the first game probably 20 times in Undead Burg. Finally gave it another chance a few months ago. Couldn't put it down and moved right into DkS2
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#3TBONE_OGPosted 6/6/2014 3:41:15 PM
Not a series (well it was going to be) but I'd say Too Human.

I played this game at Comic Con years ago, and thought it was bad, controlled bad. Just not fun.

Bought it a few years later after that for the hell of it... one of the coolest games I've ever played.

Now I'm sad there's no Too Human 2...
---
Always O.G.
#4patro555Posted 6/6/2014 4:01:33 PM
Skyrim, tried it once and got bored. Tried again later and still could not get into it.
#5regsantotomasPosted 6/6/2014 4:09:54 PM
Mass Effect. The pace of the original game resulted in me shelving the game for probably a year before ultimately trying it again and it becoming one of my favorite game series of all time
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#6kennyynnooPosted 6/6/2014 4:13:21 PM
I'm hoping I will reply with the last of us, I gave up on it halfway in(Got bored). I'm probably going to retry it one day again and see if I will like it like others do.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#7LostOdyssey17Posted 6/6/2014 4:15:21 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
I'm hoping I will reply with the last of us, I gave up on it halfway in(Got bored). I'm probably going to retry it one day again and see if I will like it like others do.

What the hell? If that game wasnt a 5/5 for you on any sort of level, stop gaming.
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#8TwoLiterHeroPosted 6/6/2014 4:16:40 PM
Mass Effect. Tried the first one, thought it was slow and unnecessarily complicated, put it down. Picked it back up and pushed through after seeing previews for ME2, really liked it after I got into it. Glad I did, absolutely loved the second one and enjoyed the third till the let down at the end.

And I thought that the multiplayer was more entertaining than a lot of these multiplayer only or primarily multiplayer games coming out these days. It did micro transactions right in my opinion too.

Mass Effect 3 was a lot of bang for my buck for sure, I actually miss it now that your topic got me thinking lol. Nice topic...
---
GT: TwoLiterHero
#9RedFive3Posted 6/6/2014 4:33:18 PM
I hated the demo fir RE5, but loved the full game.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#10Ramsus082Posted 6/6/2014 4:47:32 PM
Mass Effect. The technical issues took me right out of the game, as did the cumbersome mechanics. ME2 was waaaay more polished and accessible..
---
"I don't care about this information, but I wanted to let all of my peers know that I don't care, because I like the attention and validation" - You