Post a game series you used to dislike but gave a second chance and now love.

#21Woolley404Posted 6/7/2014 6:36:12 AM
Estocassassin posted...
Woolley404 posted...
Borderlands

played about 2 hours of the first game and hated everything about it, then decided to give it another try a year later and it felt so much more fun, and the second game improved on the first in almost every way.

Really? I liked borderlands 1 so much more than 2

Eh, maybe because I originally hated the 1st and came to like it, so I went into 2 knowing I'd enjoy it? Idk.

Really don't like the look of the pre-sequel from what's been shown though.
#22kennyynnooPosted 6/7/2014 7:00:15 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
I'm hoping I will reply with the last of us, I gave up on it halfway in(Got bored). I'm probably going to retry it one day again and see if I will like it like others do.

What the hell? If that game wasnt a 5/5 for you on any sort of level, stop gaming.

Perhaps when you tell us why the Last of Us was a 5/5 game? I mean seriously the game was not that great, gameplay was fairly shallow standard fare and the story was a failed movie script that wasn't good enough for the big screen so the writers thought they could get away with selling it to the video game crowd. It seems all it takes these days for your game to be considered a "Masterpiece" is to claim it has a strong story focus and feature a young pre-teen or barely teenage girl as a major character.

Yeah sorry for t g e late reply, I had to play in 1-2 hour chunks every other day. It was a solid first 15mins but after a few hours I got tired of the cut scenes and constant climbing or pushing a dumpster to climb. It reminded me of uncharted which I also didn't love for the climbing. To much cgi for me, I grew up on the NES where you played to write the story rather then have most of it explained with cut scenes. I don't mind in between chapter cut scenes but the last of us had to many and I never had a desire to finish it because I didn't feel like I got to play it enough. I will retry it, I did like the beginning but it's not a top 5 last year for me. I enjoyed splinter cell, bioshock infinite,GTAV(single player) far more last year.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#23da_StoOgePosted 6/7/2014 7:26:24 AM
I have a love hate relationship with AssCreed.

The first game was boring so I didn't buy AC2 for ages, but when I got around to it u really enjoyed it.
Then I bought Brotherhood and was disappointed with how little it improved over AC2, so I skipped Revelations altogether (I now own it, but I haven't finished it).

So, AC3 came out and the setting immediately killed any interest I had in it, but thanks to a screw up on MS's end I got it for free. I played it. I loathed it.

I made a promise then and there that I was done with the series, but damn it if Ubi didn't come up with an awesome looking pirate setting for the next game.
A game that I recently purchased, finished, and adored.

So you might be thinking that I'm looking forward to Unity. You would be wrong. I lived AC4 for it's theme and complete disregard for the assassin's creed theme, and unfortunately it doesn't look like Unity will be following the same formula.

I just can't go back to a sterile, copy pasted city (by that I mean all the buildings tend to look the same) of the past games after sailing the seven seas in such a vivid and interesting world.
And the funny thing is I've been suggesting the French Revolution as a setting since the first game launched.
---
Well I'll be damned. Watch Dogs is quite good.
#24MurryEB_Alt1Posted 6/7/2014 8:34:31 AM
Big Fan posted...
Dark Souls. I rage quit the first game probably 20 times in Undead Burg. Finally gave it another chance a few months ago. Couldn't put it down and moved right into DkS2

This all happened to me at once yesterday, except I raged quit because I learned you're not supposed to go to the graveyard yet...I tried killing those skeletons for about 2 hours
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#25GrimMTrixXPosted 6/7/2014 9:09:44 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
I'm hoping I will reply with the last of us, I gave up on it halfway in(Got bored). I'm probably going to retry it one day again and see if I will like it like others do.

You are not alone. I am 2 hrs in and havent gone back to it since. So boring. Im gonna give it a shot and try and finish it but so far its crazy slow and boring. Not seeing the GOTY stuff yet i giess.
---
XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8886-3851 (Bravely Default currently)
#26LooksLikeRainPosted 6/7/2014 9:23:20 AM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
Big Fan posted...
Dark Souls. I rage quit the first game probably 20 times in Undead Burg. Finally gave it another chance a few months ago. Couldn't put it down and moved right into DkS2

This all happened to me at once yesterday, except I raged quit because I learned you're not supposed to go to the graveyard yet...I tried killing those skeletons for about 2 hours

This. I killed the first two skeletons after a few tries and was all, "HELL YEAH! SUCK IT!" Then more spawned. Nope.

Also, I hit that guy at the bonfire until he wanted to fight. Huge mistake.

I hear "That's embarrassing. How'd you let me do that to you?" In my sleep.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.