So the new Kinect-less XBOX is 15% more powerful?

#1patro555Posted 6/6/2014 3:32:10 PM
So I read game developers are excited about using this extra juice. But how will these games run on older XBOX's?
#2axelfooley2k5Posted 6/6/2014 3:34:55 PM
dont work like that

they cant alienate kinect users with games that work better on systems without kinect

especially when people paid 500 for the thing
#3bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 6/6/2014 3:36:32 PM
There is 10% reserved for kinect. Devs now have the tools to access that reserve if they choose too. It doesn't matter if you have the kinect plugged in or not.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#4Jiggy101011Posted 6/6/2014 3:39:55 PM
patro555 posted...
So I read game developers are excited about using this extra juice. But how will these games run on older XBOX's?

It wont affect older games but for future releases. You wont have to unplug your kinect to access the extra juice either, it is done on the developers end.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, South Park: The Stick of Truth
#5patro555(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 3:40:17 PM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
There is 10% reserved for kinect. Devs now have the tools to access that reserve if they choose too. It doesn't matter if you have the kinect plugged in or not.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.
#6Ramsus082Posted 6/6/2014 3:40:42 PM
8-10% of GPU resources will be restored, not total.
---
"I don't care about this information, but I wanted to let all of my peers know that I don't care, because I like the attention and validation" - You
#7swatkiller546Posted 6/6/2014 3:59:39 PM
Now, when you put in a game it will say, " Disconnect your kinect for full experience of the game" or "Game Experience May Change During Kinect Mode"
---
"I am going to blow out your candles!"
#8RagnarokxvPosted 6/6/2014 4:12:23 PM
When a person who has supported the XBOX ONE from day one have to unplug their Kinect in order to get adequate performance is the day when we should all stop paying for Microsoft products.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#9Sith JediPosted 6/6/2014 4:21:23 PM
Ragnarokxv posted...
When a person who has supported the XBOX ONE from day one have to unplug their Kinect in order to get adequate performance is the day when we should all stop paying for Microsoft products.

Good thing that's not the case.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#10squarex8264Posted 6/6/2014 4:26:21 PM
swatkiller546 posted...
Now, when you put in a game it will say, " Disconnect your kinect for full experience of the game" or "Game Experience May Change During Kinect Mode"

I'm pretty sure that will not happen. It will just shut off the camera portion of your Kinect while you are in game, then restore it when you are back on the dash. So, the IR lights on the front will probably be off while the game is using the GPU, but be given back to Kinect once you have minimized the game and are on the dashboard or other apps again.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade