Just got my new Xbox One Today! What games are good for the Novice Shooter???

#1EldudermanPosted 6/7/2014 4:38:04 PM
Was waiting till it dropped to $400.00 and then they said all the games I wanted to play are being delayed till next year so I decided not to get a Xbox One till next spring. Well when my wife and I got home from work today, there's a big Amazon box on the back porch....my father decided to get one for me, the Titanfall bundle.

I'm an Adventure RPG guy that has just recently switched over to shooters (30 year video game veteran) and I'm not into Call of Duty games. What games are out for Xbox One now are good?? I was thinking of maybe Thief or Dead Rising 3. I have been playing Rage, Bioshock, Singularity and Dead Island on my 360 and love those games. Also Mass Effect and Dead Space games.

Can you guys help recommend some games to me please!!
#2SlippyedPosted 6/7/2014 4:41:30 PM
Well if you want an online shooter, I'd say Battlefield 4. The 64 player count is just amazing. If you're looking for a single player game, I'd suggest Watch Dogs or Wolfenstien.
#3CyberEvilPosted 6/7/2014 4:43:03 PM
Wolfenstein is seriously impressive so I'd give that a go. Even has a bit of adventure mixed in (similar to the Riddick games or The Darkness) and just overall very solid. Child of Light is a nice cheap purchase for the RPG fan as well. Dead Rising 3 is good too and was the game I spent the most time with right at launch, though that gave way to Killer Instinct as more content came out for it.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#4Elduderman(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2014 4:51:18 PM
I'm not a fan of online gaming so any game I get has to be good single player. I have Wolfenstein for 360 but only played if for about 15 minutes (I've got months of games that I haven't even touched on the 360)