Sensitive Controller - Should I Exchange Yet Another One?

#1psykojuggalo98Posted 6/8/2014 4:39:32 AM
Here's the story:

I bought a launch system, and got the Day 1 controller. And, one day one, it disconnected randomly (two times) while playing Dead Rising 3. I decided to give it a second chance, though, and it seemed like it was only doing it with that one game. I thought it was an in-game glitch.

Then, it started happening more frequently, so six months later I returned it for a new controller.

The second controller had a broken share button right out of the box, so I returned it for another new one (and forgot to take out my play n' charge battery in the process.)

This third controller works perfectly, other than one thing: The 'start' button seems to be a lot more sensitive than the share button, which doesn't seem to work perfectly. I can just lightly touch the start button and it'll register, but there are times where I'll tap share and it won't. It works perfectly when pushed normally, and rarely has this issue, but it's too frequent to not be worrying.

I have OCD, so I obsess over this kind of stuff and keep thinking it's defective. Do you think it is? I don't want to make the store do another exchange if I don't need to, especially since it might reflect poorly on myself.
#2xHughJasxPosted 6/8/2014 6:05:18 AM
Xbox one controller has a share button?
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#3psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 12:13:34 PM
Sorry. I mean the view button, or whatever it's called. What used to be referred to as select.

I got the terminology mixed up with the PS4.
#4zerojusticePosted 6/8/2014 12:18:57 PM(edited)
psykojuggalo98 posted...
Sorry. I mean the view button, or whatever it's called. What used to be referred to as select.

I got the terminology mixed up with the PS4.

It used to be referred to as Back on Xbox consoles. Anyway if something is physically wrong with the controller you probably should get it exchanged, but if its sensitivity issues you might need to update the controller in the settings.
#5psykojuggalo98(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 12:37:33 PM
Yeah, that one.

I'm not sure if it's defective, though. If I press it all the way in, it works fine. However, if I tap it and it doesn't depress all the way, it sometimes won't register. This would normally make complete sense, but my menu button works better.