My console-buying gamer plan now that I'm an X1 owner

#1ave1Posted 6/8/2014 6:35:38 AM
Well, I'm enjoying my Xbox One and am thinking I'll get a PS4 in about a year... just going to enjoy one console for now. I'm really glad to be owning the console that has the Forza series. I suppose by the time I get a PS4 I'll get Drive Club and maybe GT6 (if the game gets good reviews).

When it comes to the Wii U, I'll probably wait until I can get it for less that $120... which might be in two years. . .

That's my plan. What's yours?
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#2KID VIDPosted 6/8/2014 6:43:28 AM
My plan is for me to continue playing my Xbox One for the time being, hoping that one day Nintendo will make an amazing console (with no gimmicks) and implement an amazing online experience that blows Xbox LIVE and PSN out the water. I miss their games, but their current consoles ( Wii, Wii U) don't interest me.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#3ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2014 6:45:29 AM
So you may not even get a Wii U for $120?
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#4KID VIDPosted 6/8/2014 6:53:37 AM
ave1 posted...
So you may not even get a Wii U for $120?

No, the price isn't the issue. The Wii U is just not interesting to me. I don't always have much time to game (wife, daughter, job, friends etc.), so I wouldn't want another system. My Xbox One is plenty for right now. I don't want two video game systems in my entertainment center.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#5DarthUchiha91Posted 6/8/2014 6:55:32 AM
Ive been hooked on FFXIV on the ps4 for quite a while, so ill continue to play for the rest of the year. I'm waiting for more exclusives for the xbone. That 8 player co op has renewed my interest in sunset overdrive (love co op games, since I'm not a competitive player in anything other than fighting games) so I'm waiting on that and quantum break. Waiting on more info about the next Gears as well.
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!
#6hectic3Posted 6/8/2014 7:58:05 AM
I've been having a great time with my x1 while working on my ps360 backlog. Hoping to get a ps4 by September as long as sony's e3 shows some holiday release exclusives. If they announce most exclusives are 2015 I'll wait till January and just pick up TLOU, such a great game.

I'm keeping the same plan as last gen, everything on xbox and exclusives only for PS unless I can find a few 3rd party cheaper on PS.
#7SS_MetalSonicPosted 6/8/2014 8:40:29 AM
That's a solid plan ,TC.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#8RockguyKevPosted 6/8/2014 8:43:39 AM
My plan is to get a PS4 whenever the Destiny beta starts and a Wii U when hell freezes over.
#9nableetPosted 6/8/2014 8:47:01 AM
My plan is to open the PS4 that is sat in my study on my Birthday (July, ugh) and that should keep me busy for a while.

I will pick up a kinect-less Xbone around the time Halo 5 comes out, depending on whether it is any good and what kind of price the xbone is sitting at by then.

Wii U? Not so much. Maybe the next Nintendo console in 4-5 years when my son is old enough to appreciate it.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#10stawg007Posted 6/8/2014 8:47:59 AM
I'm gonna wait until E3 and see what Sony and MS are offering, whichever impresses more, I'll be that console first and by the other a little later

Have no interest in Nintendo and their crappy gimmick consoles and I havnt been interested in them since the 64! Only game in the Nintendo library iv been jealous of is REmake but it's not enough to buy a console for