My console-buying gamer plan now that I'm an X1 owner

#11ave1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 7:58:55 PM
bump for those who have taken a little more time to think this through. . .
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?
#12Meltdown611186Posted 6/10/2014 8:09:54 PM
Would love to get a WiiU just for nostalgia reasons. Played since the NES days and I think the N64 is my favorite console.

As with the other posters though, time is an issue. Plus I dont wanna play with their gimmicky controllers. Feel like I would be missing out though if I used regular gamepad.

Torn.

Keep playing my XONE for now.
#13james259Posted 6/10/2014 8:13:57 PM
Pretty satisfied with my XB1 but might get a PS4 in late next year or 2016
I think I will get a WiiU later this year but with no announcement of Metroid my hype for the console has died a little
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#14ctrdrftrPosted 6/10/2014 8:16:11 PM(edited)
I have a ps4 and will be getting an xbox one this weekend. (Tossed around the idea of building a PC but said forget it) I can understand not getting every next gen console but I feel like they're a long term investment. Nothing about ps4/one is crazy exciting but they'll get there.

I look at these systems more for exclusives. Why not get both and enjoy every great game that comes out and pick which console you like best or have friends on for the multi platform games
---
GT: Automatic Man
PSN: Ethicon
#15RedFive3Posted 6/10/2014 8:23:15 PM
Meltdown611186 posted...
Would love to get a WiiU just for nostalgia reasons. Played since the NES days and I think the N64 is my favorite console.

As with the other posters though, time is an issue. Plus I dont wanna play with their gimmicky controllers. Feel like I would be missing out though if I used regular gamepad.

Torn.

This. I used to be a Nintendo fanboy up until the GC. Zelda 1 is my favorite game of all time. Now that the new Zellda is open world just like 1, I might buy a U.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#16kidwgmPosted 6/10/2014 8:26:36 PM
Have a One and a Wii U. Probably get a ps4 once there are more games I want to play. So I give that around a year or so before I feel it's time to purchase.
---
Currently Playing: Wolfenstien, Max and The Curse of the Brotherhood andD3: RoS.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#17Mspaul09Posted 6/10/2014 8:40:52 PM
KID VID posted...
ave1 posted...
So you may not even get a Wii U for $120?

No, the price isn't the issue. The Wii U is just not interesting to me. I don't always have much time to game (wife, daughter, job, friends etc.), so I wouldn't want another system. My Xbox One is plenty for right now. I don't want two video game systems in my entertainment center.

As a husband, and father myself I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the Wii U. The game pad is actually an awesome little gadget. A lot of time for me "family time" turns into my wife or daughter watching something that makes me want to pull my hair out, but with the Wii U I can still play. Just the other night my wife wanted to watch orange is the new black (gun to my head), with the game pad she got to watch her show, and I chilled on the couch next to her and played Mario Kart for three hours, well a little Mario bros too.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING