Best controller this gen?

#21darkshadowmasterPosted 6/9/2014 5:59:48 AM
I like that they spread the analogs apart on the DS4 but I still can't stand having them beside one another. I prefer the MS controller to the Sony controllers.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#22PizzatarianPosted 6/9/2014 6:19:35 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
I like that they spread the analogs apart on the DS4 but I still can't stand having them beside one another. I prefer the MS controller to the Sony controllers.

This. I also prefer the offset analog sticks; it just feels more natural to me. Now the only disadvantage to the Xbox One controller is the proprietary port since it requires a $25 headset adapter, unlike the PS4. In my opinion, the only advantage the DS4 has over the Xbox One controller is that basically any headset can be plugged right into the controller without the need of an adapter.
---
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#23BrunozaynPosted 6/11/2014 7:53:26 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
Wow. Xbox actually won a poll.... For like the first time ever.

Really I expected everyone to troll and say both Wii controllers were better. Would not be surprising considering the growing infestation of degenerates on this board.

Because this is xbox board
---
IT'S CALLED NOSTALGIA. Makes a game look 10x better than it actually is.
#24Reflex-ArcPosted 6/11/2014 8:32:25 AM(edited)
Bronze: Dualshock 4 - While it's a big step up from the predecessors in the Dualshock line of controllers, this one just misses the mark with me. The addition of the trackpad is a neat touch (giggle), though I find it uncomfortable and awkward to use during gameplay. The buttons have a nice feel. The addition of the "share" button is useless to me. My main issue is the dang thing still, like its predecessors, cramps my hands after anything more than an hour of gaming. I'd blame the symmetrical analog sticks, but they share that feature with...

Silver: Wii U Gamepad - Certainly my favorite controller yet from Nintendo. It's very comfortable in my hands, and I really enjoy the versatility of the second screen. While I'm no fan of symmetrical analog sticks, the width of the controller goes lengths (heh) to ease the discomfort I get from using other controllers set up in that style.As a fan of racing games, I do find the lack of analog triggers unfortunate. Despite its flaws, this could well be my favorite, if it wasn't for...

Gold: Xbox One Controller - How do you improve on the 360 controller? This controller is how. Almost everything about this controller is perfect for me. It just melts into my hands when I use it, zero discomfort. I rarely feel like I'm fighting with it when in use, and the thumb placement feels very natural. The sticks are very precise and fluid. The Impulse Triggers themselves are the single most standout immersion adding feature of any console controller this gen, and one that I suspect will be mimicked and implemented in most future console controllers from here on out.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard