Do you think Microsoft would announce an exclusive JRPG later at the conference?

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 6/9/2014 1:56:59 AM
Or would it be all Call of Duty, Halo, Sports, and TV again just like last year?

I wonder if they'll be able to nab a lot of good quality exclusive titles like what they did with the 360.

I'm thinking that I might get an Xbox One since it has FFXV as well.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2lunchbox2042Posted 6/9/2014 1:59:51 AM
Microsoft isn't popular in Japan. Why would they waste money subsidizing an exclusive JRPG for a fanbase that won't but their system?
#3Axedude87Posted 6/9/2014 2:02:50 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...
Microsoft isn't popular in Japan. Why would they waste money subsidizing an exclusive JRPG for a fanbase that won't but their system?

True, Xboxes sell horribly in Japan, like 5% of console sales there are Xbox, other 95% PS's and Nintendo consoles
#4Samuel 025Posted 6/9/2014 2:02:58 AM
lunchbox2042 posted...

I was thinking something similar but many Western gamers are fans of JRPGs. It's never a bad thing to have a diverse pool of exclusives.
---
They call him a liar because he M'aiq's things up.
#5pikapika212Posted 6/9/2014 2:17:27 AM
Samuel 025 posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...

I was thinking something similar but many Western gamers are fans of JRPGs. It's never a bad thing to have a diverse pool of exclusives.

I would say most people who are fans of the JRPG genre are the ones who own handhelds or PS3-4. Xboxone owners are normally into stuff like Halo or so
---
PSN pikapika212 /Guilty Gear - Baiken, A.B.A, Zappa, Dizzy, Anji, Everyone
Blazblue - Rachel Alucard, Hakumen, Platinum/ Persona - Labyrs
#6Samuel 025Posted 6/9/2014 2:23:47 AM
pikapika212 posted...
Samuel 025 posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...

I would say most people who are fans of the JRPG genre are the ones who own handhelds or PS3-4. Xboxone owners are normally into stuff like Halo or so

If they are into JRPGs exclusively, sure. But it all ties back into diversifying their exclusive list. PS3/4 owners are into the bro-shooters as much as Xbox owners. Sony has Killzone, where it could be said Xbox is the platform for FPS.
---
#7pikapika212Posted 6/9/2014 2:29:30 AM
Samuel 025 posted...
pikapika212 posted...
Samuel 025 posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...

If they are into JRPGs exclusively, sure. But it all ties back into diversifying their exclusive list. PS3/4 owners are into the bro-shooters as much as Xbox owners. Sony has Killzone, where it could be said Xbox is the platform for FPS.

PS is more diverse. Xbox1 is more into the shooter genre. JRPG won't sell as much so I doubt microsoft would branch into the JRPG genre much if at all. Players who buys an Xbox product are more than likely in it for those types of games than a JRPG genre. If they wanted they JRPG they should of gotten a hand held or a sony product. Well thats what I see/believe anyways. Whether its true or not I can't really say or have proof of it.

So basically, Im saying a bunch of crap really...
---
PSN pikapika212 /Guilty Gear - Baiken, A.B.A, Zappa, Dizzy, Anji, Everyone
Blazblue - Rachel Alucard, Hakumen, Platinum/ Persona - Labyrs
#8Samuel 025Posted 6/9/2014 2:50:04 AM
I do get what you're saying and agree. I'm talking froma pure business standpoint. Microsoft will want part of that JRPG market, which is why they would want their own game. The 360 had a few. Nothing groundbreaking, but it was there. The only JRPG game I'm really a fan of is Dragon Quest, so I'm set with my 3DS.
---
#9Qc89Posted 6/9/2014 2:59:00 AM(edited)
Did Lost odyssey sell a lot? It was an awesome game, and a 360 jrpg exclusive
---
Asobouka. FC 4484-9264-2324
#10Samuel 025Posted 6/9/2014 3:07:11 AM
Qc89 posted...
Did Lost odyssey sell a lot? It was an awesome game, and a 360 jrpg exclusive

From what I gathered, Lost Odyssey sold about 500k roughly worldwide. Blue Dragon sold a little over 200k, I think.
---