Forbes-"How Microsoft Can Avoid Pulling A 'Microsoft' At E3"

#1quincy2000aPosted 6/9/2014 4:17:38 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/06/08/how-microsoft-can-avoid-pulling-a-microsoft-at-e3-2014/
---
"..I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions.." Phil S
#2EstocassassinPosted 6/9/2014 4:21:55 AM
I think that there should be a rule on gfaqs about posting links to forbes
#3djrudenPosted 6/9/2014 4:22:11 AM
I believe the proper term Forbes should have used was "pulling and Xboner".
#4quincy2000a(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 5:21:24 AM
Estocassassin posted...

Why?

Aren't that writer's opinions and assessments as valid as any others?

Are there lies in the article?

Was the grammar not up to par with what you've become accustomed to here at GF?

Or is it just that you just don't want to see an opinion different from yours?
---
"..I just heard how our message resonated with people and some of the decisions that we made, that I think were actually the wrong decisions.." Phil S
#5TheGam3925Posted 6/9/2014 5:23:20 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Estocassassin posted...

Why?

No website is credible if it conflicts with fanboy agenda.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#6DojoMaxPosted 6/9/2014 5:38:37 AM
quincy2000a posted...
Estocassassin posted...

Why?

Forbes blog contributers are almost always anti-M$. Guys around here don't like that. My feelings are that they should try to take a neutral approach every once in a while, but they do not. They almost always, in some way, big or small, take shots at M$ and the XboxOne.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#7quincy2000a(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 6:06:36 AM
DojoMax posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Estocassassin posted...

Why?

Forbes blog contributers are almost always anti-M$. Guys around here don't like that. My feelings are that they should try to take a neutral approach every once in a while, but they do not. They almost always, in some way, big or small, take shots at M$ and the XboxOne.

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I haven't found that to be the case, at least since February of this year when I started following them.

What I have found has been contributors who obviously read Digital Foundry and pass that info on to the masses, sometimes in a manner more easily digestible to the lay reader.

I don't blame them for passing on what Digital Foundry finds or Digital Foundry for finding it. It's not their fault that a lot of the news highlights shortcomings of the X1.

It's news.
---
#8EstocassassinPosted 6/9/2014 6:17:30 AM
Every writer at forbes just posts loads of click bait, they talk about opinions as if they're facts and love to talk about things they know nothing about.

Look at half of the predictions they have made over the years, near all of them are wrong and always formulated on current internet buzz.

They deal with the financial industry not gaming, they have just decided within the last few years to stick their beaks in to try and get a piece of the pie, not a single writer for forbes has any journalistic integrity whatsoever.
#9LooksLikeRainPosted 6/9/2014 6:18:40 AM
Forbes - "I didn't watch E3, but that's where they announced the DRM right?"
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#10quincy2000a(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 7:17:19 AM
Estocassassin posted...
Every writer at forbes just posts loads of click bait, they talk about opinions as if they're facts and love to talk about things they know nothing about.

Look at half of the predictions they have made over the years, near all of them are wrong and always formulated on current internet buzz.

They deal with the financial industry not gaming, they have just decided within the last few years to stick their beaks in to try and get a piece of the pie, not a single writer for forbes has any journalistic integrity whatsoever.

Kind of harsh but I'll accept it as an honest opinion and give it weight going forward.

I'm always on the lookout for sources that keep up with the news and translate it into digestible little bits. They haven't failed me yet.
---