IMO, Microsoft E3 gets a B

#1BiggyDXPosted 6/9/2014 10:37:29 AM
While it is much better than their previous E3, I couldn't readily identify one moment that absolutely blew my mind away. I was also fairly surprised that they didn't show ANY footage of Halo 5 (not even Alpha-play). I also think that if they had made the announcements regarding the cheaper $400 SKU version of XBO and the paywall drop, it would have contributed substantially to their public/gamer opinions.

That isn't to say I didn't find the games they revealed to be bad, Most of them were really good, and I'm excited to see what some of these new IP's have in store for us next year. I loved the first Crackdown, I'm much more interested in the Witcher now, and Sunset Overdrive looks like it'll give me that nostalgic "Ratchet and Clank" feeling. It's good to know that there will be a good number of games once I finally have the XBO.

Also, I'm also looking forward to what Sony has. I was planning on getting both the PS4 and XBO, as I did with the previous generation. I don't discriminate against companies, and I play games because its a fun hobby; not because of what company name is on the console. TBH, I think most of us here will probably feel as though this years E3 will be good, but not fantastic (that includes Sony and Nintendo).
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#2Gruntpunk72Posted 6/9/2014 10:39:13 AM
Phantom Dust made me pee myself.

Its such a bummer nobody knows what it is because if it was a hit everyone would be talking about how spectacular MS did.
---
"I burned down a school because my local cafe was slow bringing me a coffee...my first coffee of the day is very important."-orangenee
#3BiggyDX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 10:43:00 AM
Gruntpunk72 posted...
Phantom Dust made me pee myself.

Its such a bummer nobody knows what it is because if it was a hit everyone would be talking about how spectacular MS did.

I remember it being released back on the Original Xbox, and that it was an Action/Card game hybrid with psychic abilities. I actually tried to rent it while I had the chance, but it wasn't available in my area during that time. I've heard pretty good things about it though.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX