Next gen is a massive disappointment.

#11FOXSOLIDPosted 6/9/2014 2:27:57 PM
TC, you don't even know what you want. Much like everyone else who spouts the same nonsense that you do.

"We want innovation!!".....What exactly is innovation to you?

You're literally saying (due to your lack of any specific requests), "hey give me innovation...I don't know what I'm talking about, but you guys figure it out".

That is what you're saying.
#12fon1988Posted 6/9/2014 2:27:59 PM
riboflav posted...
Not if you have a Wii U. Best games of all new consoles. The end.

There have been a few cases of innovation I've seen on the Wii U but most of it is also more of the same just better looking.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Kirby Triple Deluxe
#13Trigg3rH4ppyPosted 6/9/2014 2:28:11 PM
characterz3ro posted...
been saying this for a long time. xbone is already a dead console, they should just go ahead and make a new one xbox done

everyone is entitled to opinions, but you wouldn't sound as stupid if you kept them to yourself. You're obviously an underage user that's never been around for a console release before. the first year or two is always pretty slow.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9J7Prgg.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#14BirgitteSilverPosted 6/9/2014 2:28:44 PM
The new systems could do better AI, but why bother? No matter how much effort you put into it people will still insult it as bad.
#15PLCD(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 8:01:01 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
TC, you don't even know what you want. Much like everyone else who spouts the same nonsense that you do.

You're literally saying (due to your lack of any specific requests), "hey give me innovation...I don't know what I'm talking about, but you guys figure it out".

New ideas or at keast innovations on current ones.

-Better AI
-Better world simulations with random, intelligent happenings
-Action games that deliver more interesting action. How about a sophisticated fight engine?
-Worlds that feel alive. Not just NPC who have a few cute lines (Ala GTA V and Watchdogs)
-RPG's that let us explore in new ways. Really encounter new people, dynamic quests and characters

Everything wants to be call of duty and now call of duty wants to be Halo

How about some unique characters? Not the same old 25-35 year old brown haird dude we have been force fed in action games for 10 years.

In 1999 we got a game called Shenmue. It featured a town that had 100 individual characters who lived their daily lives. They went to work, worked, ate, played arcade games, went for walks, and went back home. All in real time. That was 15 years ago, half the kids in here weren't even alive.

We had more unpredictable NPC's in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas than we do in V

NFL 2K5, came out a decade ago. It had a full sportscenter package. It had an entire pre and post draft show. Nothing comes close to that in sports game today.

We are just getting the same thing but it looks prettier. We are not getting innovation of gameplay or game style. We are getting shiner versions of what we got. Gaming should be evolving beyond this.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#16Robin_MaskPosted 6/10/2014 8:04:46 PM
PLCD posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

New ideas or at keast innovations on current ones.

-Better AI
-Better world simulations with random, intelligent happenings
-Action games that deliver more interesting action. How about a sophisticated fight engine?
-Worlds that feel alive. Not just NPC who have a few cute lines (Ala GTA V and Watchdogs)
-RPG's that let us explore in new ways. Really encounter new people, dynamic quests and characters

Everything wants to be call of duty and now call of duty wants to be Halo

How about some unique characters? Not the same old 25-35 year old brown haird dude we have been force fed in action games for 10 years.

In 1999 we got a game called Shenmue. It featured a town that had 100 individual characters who lived their daily lives. They went to work, worked, ate, played arcade games, went for walks, and went back home. All in real time. That was 15 years ago, half the kids in here weren't even alive.

We had more unpredictable NPC's in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas than we do in V

NFL 2K5, came out a decade ago. It had a full sportscenter package. It had an entire pre and post draft show. Nothing comes close to that in sports game today.

We are just getting the same thing but it looks prettier. We are not getting innovation of gameplay or game style. We are getting shiner versions of what we got. Gaming should be evolving beyond this.

The funny thing is, a lot of gamers just want the same old thing. Guess why Nintendo still has the SAME FRANCHISES for almost thirty years.

Also, you're skipping over all the details in GTAV, it has a lot more going on than SA. MGSV has some of the most amazing improvements, adding more stuff to the gameplay and takes more risks than any other franchise.
---
In X-Men: Days of Future Past, Iceman should have blocked since he gets no damage from beams while blocking.
#17Tajaz2426Posted 6/10/2014 8:11:29 PM
Dude, we got plenty of sweet games. Bunch of cool games this year and next year is going to be pretty spectacular.

We got a PSTV that is essentially a second PS4, plays PS1 games, PS3 games, streams movies, it's like a Roku box that plays actual video games.

VR headset, new SKU's for XBox, updates for gesture and voice control for the Kinect. Halo tv show and a bunch of new channel apps for the One. Nintendo is doing a bunch of stuff with the Wii U.

Not only are we getting some sweet ass video games for multiple consoles, but they are becoming a one stop pace for everything you need media wise.

I see a bunch of innovation, but it is all subjective. I just never look at the downside of things, am I a realist? Sure, but I'm not pessimistic about video games. It is a hobby and little fictional characters on a little plastic box. How can people not be excited!
---
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, PotUS
#18VoelgerPosted 6/10/2014 8:13:59 PM
Witcher 3 says hi
---
Posted with GameRaven 2.0.4
#19GreenMage7Posted 6/10/2014 8:15:10 PM
That's funny, I thought at the Sony conference, they showed a VR headset that works in conjunction with a camera and your controller that features a new input method this generation that all work together on their game console that's going to feature a video game streaming service. And that Nintendo has a touchscreen implemented in their main controller with NFC for using figurines across multiple titles.

You can argue easily that all of these are bad ideas and I won't argue back, but they are trying to innovate. Even Xbox has the Kinect, app snapping, the most extensive voice controls, etc. But wait, everyone craps all over it, mostly about privacy that they freely give up to Facebook and Google anyway...

Fun fact, people actually hate innovation.
#20PLCD(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2014 8:15:13 PM
I'm not saying these games are trash. I know GTA V is a massive product but I still expected more. I feel GTA SA set the bar. GTA V looks great and has serious VISUAL detail but the depth of life, the soul of the world is shallow. The AI behaviors is very predictable and just roaming the world does not elicit the sense of wonder and excitement you got when you first played San Andreas. At most you may get a random police chase that always ends in a shot out.

Its like Saints Row 2. They went in a great direction. They had peds that started things on their own. Gangs would go and attack old ladies. Battles would start up out of nowhere. Saints Row 3 tool all that away.

All gamers care about is looks and smooth controls. They just want better versions of those and dont want to have new experiences.
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.