Scalebound and project beast

#21ukokira1Posted 6/10/2014 10:47:06 AM(edited)
Enclave posted...
JELIFISH19 posted...
Enclave posted...
The only reason we can be reasonably sure that Bloodborne is going to be a Souls style of game is because that's the sort of game that From Software is known for, it's what they do.

From Software is mainly known for their mech games. They've been around for about 20 years. They also did some action games like Otogi and Ninja blade, some RPGs like Enchanted Arms, and some survival horror like Kuon. Souls is not what they do. Demon Souls only came out 5 years ago.

It's been a long time since they did those kinds of games. For a whole generation just about they've been pretty reliably going with the Souls style of game. Add to that the atmosphere of Bloodborne is very Souls like and the hint of gameplay we saw before E3? Everything suggests it's a Souls style game and we know what to expect from a Souls style game.

Platinum is more diverse and more recently at that. I honestly think Platinum is the better developer overall, but that doesn't mean that I can predict the kind of game Scalebound will be based on what we've seen. I'm honestly surprised so many are certain that it'll be a DMC style game.

There's also the fact that the protagonist is pretty much an expy of Dante. And had a sword. That combined with Platinum Games just screams Stylish-action.
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7086776
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7086033
#22weirdneighborPosted 6/10/2014 10:48:20 AM
I think both games look interesting.

I know, it's crazy.
---
A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.
#23NateRose89Posted 6/10/2014 10:52:40 AM
JELIFISH19 posted...
Enclave posted...
The only reason we can be reasonably sure that Bloodborne is going to be a Souls style of game is because that's the sort of game that From Software is known for, it's what they do.

From Software is mainly known for their mech games. They've been around for about 20 years. They also did some action games like Otogi and Ninja blade, some RPGs like Enchanted Arms, and some survival horror like Kuon. Souls is not what they do. Demon Souls only came out 5 years ago.

From Software is mainly known for King's Field... an RPG like the Souls game mate.
---
PSN ID: rockstock89